Quick question

Options
So If I do exercise and it burns like, 400 calories, Should I be eating that back... Or can I just leave it?

Replies

• InstantSunshine
    InstantSunshine Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Everyone always says eat it back - otherwise it messes with the net calorise that mfp has calculated for you. There's some threads on the boards that explain it better - sorry am in a rush getting ready for work or I'd post a link, but you should be able to search for it under "eating exercise calories" or something... hope that helps!

:flowerforyou:
  • jnknzxD
    jnknzxD Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Alright thank you ^_^ I think I just sort of find it weird eating different amounts in a day due to exercise but that's understandable.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    The short reason to eat them back is because MFP already has you eating at a deficit. Eating the exercise calories back maintains that same healthy deficit.

Remember that your "net" should be as close to your "goal" as possible each day. If you net under your goal by a massive amount, your metabolism could slow down. Also remember that it's OK to go over the goal because the deficit that MFP gives you is normally between 500 and 1000. So if you are over your goal by 150 calories one day, but your deficit is set for 500, then you are actually still going to lose weight because you just ate 350 under the amount that keeps you the same weight.