Friggin TACO!!! + a little success

Options
If you want to read this thats fine and dandy, if not thats okay too. I just wanted to share some of my own personal success I have come across while dieting.

1. I have to admit, I ate Taco Bell today, I had one of those Fresco *I think thats right* tacos, the low calorie ones thats basically like, a tablespoon of meat and the rest is veggies. It sounded so good, I ate one...felt a little guilty...then I got home...and I gotta say, that stupid stupid Taco Bell made me use up about $100.00 in toilet paper *TMI* but good lord!!!! I feel SO SICK, and all because of one measly taco. My stomach hurts SO bad and my body is paying for what my dumb mind thought it wanted.

Wanna know what that means....my body is changing. It doesn't eat Taco Bell and say..."mmmmm, more please" it says ," Your shi*ting yourself...was that worth it!!!" The answer is no....and yes. It wasn't worth it because I know it wasn't the "healthy" choice. But it was worth it because now I know....my body is getting there. It's getting used to my new habbits.

2. I find myself waiting for workout time. I work out at night *which I know alot of you disagree with* but my husband works nights, sleeps during the day, and I have a crazy one year old who is on the run non-stop. So working out in the day is something at this point in my life that I simply cannot do. When shes older and can go play while I work out then I will, but right now working out at night is at least better then sitting and eating cake at night. But I'm happy I now KINDA look forward to working out.

When I started dieting and working out, the MOST I could do was 15-20 minutes without dying. I am a chubby chubby chubbbbbyy girl, so I was DYING at 15 minutes my first week. Last week I decided to watch some of my favorite TV shows to help me get through the workout. I watched a few episodes of Rob and Big...and I looked down to see that I had been hawlin as* for about 45 minutes. I have NEVER worked out that long in my life. I am going to try and stay at 45 minutes for maybe another week or so, then move up to 50 minutes.

I feel myself not being as tired, I'm down two pant sizes. The pants that were SO tight on me three weeks ago fit me like a glove. I don't even have to suck in anymore. I feel proud of myself, but realize I still have SO MUCH LONGER to go. I'm trying to keep myself motivated and some days I cant. So thank you thank you to MFP friends who have helped me along the way.

-Donna:)

Replies

• NyteMirage
    NyteMirage Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I've eaten out and then paid for it later... your body gets use to getting healthy food and when you put trash in it it let's you know! Hehe!
  • ninyagwa
    ninyagwa Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I had a Burger King Breakfast experience much like your taco experience, only it crippled my stomach for about an entire day, it was almost like food poisoning.
  • Marcellus_08
    Options
    Haha. I feel ya!!!
  • Smokenmirrors
    Smokenmirrors Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    They call it fast food because it speeds you to the bathroom. I think I would freakin die if I ate it now. Thanks for sharing the story. Its a constant reminder not to eat that stuff. I'll go to the local grocery and get some hummus and a cuke...

Keep on track. I know you can do it.
  • materstater
    materstater Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Totally understand- I also get really swollen fingers which I absolutely hate the feeling of when I eat fast food- I like to that I don't crave it hardly anymore-that said I had an egg mcmuffin yesterday :)
  • maroon58
    maroon58 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    congrats on your 45 minutes! i work out at night too:)
  • Deszare
    Deszare Posts: 19
    Options
    lol Thats so funny, but yet not because its true!
  • ktanderson05
    ktanderson05 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of you! Keep up the good work!
  • Martha_VH
    Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you're doing great! Keep it up and you'll be down another size in no time.
  • Twinsytoo
    Twinsytoo Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I loved reading your post. With your attitude, you will succeed! Right on girl!
  • Marcellus_08
    Options
    Thanks everyone:) your all I swear are the nicest people I know! Thanks thanks thanks!!

-Donna.
  • sdckc6528
    sdckc6528 Posts: 19
    Options
    Thank you for posting this! Last week at work me and my coworkers read an article that said if you go out to eat at Taco Bell the healthiest thing to get is the Fresco Taco!!! Before reading this I would have probably gotten it! So thanks for saving me :)
  • Marcellus_08
    Options
    Haha. Well, it was OKAY in flavor. It would save tons of calories and money probably just to make your own taco salad. Basically what it was. haha
    And I'm glad I saved you! It's NOT worth it.
  • angelinah
    angelinah Posts: 20
    Options
    What you said about watching TV while you work out is great. My gym has individual televisions for the elliptical machines and some of the treadmills. Whenever I go its like killing two birds with one stone -- I get to watch my favourite TV shows and NOT feel like a couch potato! Take yesterday, for instance. I watched Friends and Gossip Girl (guilty pleasure...) and before I knew it, 2 hours had flown by and 2000 calories were burned!
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    just think of all the weight you lost from it tho :D

to be honest, i wouldnt want to get myself to the point where the odd fast food makes me sick. i still have it every now and then (to keep the stomach strong :D ) but not like i used too. and i always make sure im under my goal for the day.
  • gurlie11
    gurlie11 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What accomplishments! Its funny how you posted about the Taco Bell thing, I had given up eating fast food, (not including subway) a few months before I started this site (a week ago), and well I had fast food after that probably 1 or two times because family bought it for me, I had almost the same reaction, not the toilet part lol, but it hurt my stomach. Its just so funny to think how much your body can change like that.

Goodluck on the rest of your journey!;-)
  • mamawildbear
    mamawildbear Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Actually I find Taco Bell as a couple of good choices healthwise, the fresco chicken or grilled steak soft tacos being two of them. They are low in fat and calories and high in protein. I have no problem with them.

As for people telling you not to work out at night? That's ridiculous - work out when you want. It doesn't matter when you burn your calories as long as you burn them. I suppose some people might have trouble sleeping after a night time workout but if it works for you, go for it. And you have the satisfaction of knowing you just ramped up your metabolism and are now burning extra calories while sleeping.
  • Marcellus_08
    Options
    Want to say thanks to all of you for commenting:) You make me feel much better:)

Oh and Friends is one of my guilty pleasures too:)
  • Joyjmb
    Joyjmb Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Regarding Taco Bell - something I heard the other night on Colbert Report...
    'If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, glue some hooves to that thing and call it beef!'
  • brandicockrum
    brandicockrum Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I've had issues with some foods now since I've been on my journey. Super greasy foods always get me now. I had a steak one night and I thought I was going to vomit! I think it's awesome the way that our bodies basically recondition themselves according to our decisions every day.

Way to go on your weight loss! You're doing great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!