20 More Motivational Quotes

Options
The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph!- Marvin Phillips

The first and the best victory is to conquer self. -Plato

The higher your energy level, the more efficient your body. The more efficient your body, the better you feel and the more you will use your talent to produce outstanding results. -Unknown

The man who can drive himself further once the effort gets painful is the man who will win. -Roger Bannister

If you don't do what's best for your body, you're the one who comes up on the short end. -Julius Erving

If you want to look young and thin, hang around old fat people. -Jim Eason

It's not whether you get knocked down; it's whether you get up. -Vince Lombardi

My advice is to go into something and stay with it until you like it. You can't like it until you obtain expertise in that work. And once you are an expert, it's a pleasure. -Milton Garland

Never, never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

No one can make you feel inferior without your permission. -Eleanor Roosevelt

You must do the thing you think you cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt

You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?"- George Bernard Shaw

Your goals, minus your doubts, equal your reality. -Ralph Marston

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there. -Unknown

The time for action is now. It's never too late to do something. -Carl Sandburg

The world of achievement has always belonged to the optimist- Harold Wilkins

There is nothing permanent except change. -Heraclitus

The tragedy in life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach. -Benjamin Mays

Kites rise highest against the wind; not with it. -Winston Churchill

There are only 2 choices; make progress or make excuses. -Ellen Mikesell

Replies

• Macacadopai
    Macacadopai Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    My fav by far is a quote my dad always used to tell us when we were kids: "Discipline is just choosing between what you want now and what you want most." :)
  • wannalose25
    wannalose25 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    great quotes
  • Mark_99
    Mark_99 Posts: 39
    Options
    I have to say that i have stolen the quote that Macacadopai uses, i have it up on my profile and i also have at work as my screensaver because it is exactly right, the choice we make now may not always be the right choice for what we want in the future. The moral - think a little deeper about the consequences before making choices........... right all the way and i think that your Dad is a very smart man for instilling this quote in you from a young age Macacadopai. It has certainly made me think twice about several things already !!!
  • Macacadopai
    Macacadopai Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    bifidus: great minds think alike! :D