Can't work out :(

Options
walnut
walnut Posts: 216 Member
Hi folks,
I'm here to lament that I've just spent a weekend camping and indulging in copious amounts of all sorts of no-no foods, and I just learned today that I need to avoid exercise for awhile :brokenheart:. I have this terrible heat rash that isn't going away and a nurse advised me to avoid things that will aggravate it (includes sweating, overheating, exercise) until I can get it under control with Benadryl, which may take at least several days.

Meanwhile I'm hooked on sugar again and spending much of the time and energy I'd be using on cleaning, gardening, and biking on the mindless eating of junk. The Benadryl isn't helping with my energy level either. I may have to settle for a walk slow enough to not break a sweat (not easy for me to do) just to be able to do something... I don't know. I sweat quite easily, so there isn't a lot of physical activity I can do without irritating it. What do you guys do when you need to lay low for awhile?

Replies

• walnut
    Options
    Hi folks,
    I'm here to lament that I've just spent a weekend camping and indulging in copious amounts of all sorts of no-no foods, and I just learned today that I need to avoid exercise for awhile :brokenheart:. I have this terrible heat rash that isn't going away and a nurse advised me to avoid things that will aggravate it (includes sweating, overheating, exercise) until I can get it under control with Benadryl, which may take at least several days.

Meanwhile I'm hooked on sugar again and spending much of the time and energy I'd be using on cleaning, gardening, and biking on the mindless eating of junk. The Benadryl isn't helping with my energy level either. I may have to settle for a walk slow enough to not break a sweat (not easy for me to do) just to be able to do something... I don't know. I sweat quite easily, so there isn't a lot of physical activity I can do without irritating it. What do you guys do when you need to lay low for awhile?
  • natalie1
    natalie1 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Just eat your BMR calories and nothing above it.
  • overthehillsandfaraway
    Options
    If your body MUST remain dormant for the time being, the temptations have got to go. Find delicious alternatives in yogurt or smoothies. I'm an advocate for tea drinking after I've experienced the cleansing with it. If all else fails, WATER is the source to head for no matter what.

You're a trooper and I know you can do it. At least you got to eat on your camping trip, my friend didn't realize he had no gas in his propane tank. :noway: But the piece of grilled chicken he did manage to cook was scrumptious. :laugh:
  • walnut
    Options
    If your body MUST remain dormant for the time being, the temptations have got to go. Find delicious alternatives in yogurt or smoothies. I'm an advocate for tea drinking after I've experienced the cleansing with it. If all else fails, WATER is the source to head for no matter what.

You're a trooper and I know you can do it. At least you got to eat on your camping trip, my friend didn't realize he had no gas in his propane tank. :noway: But the piece of grilled chicken he did manage to cook was scrumptious. :laugh:

Oooh, tea drinking is a good idea. I love tea, I should make a big batch of iced. Thanks!

Haha, that's too bad about your friend! Maybe he was able to avoid all the s'mores though??