*JULY* 100 lb challenge

Options
hmmmm
hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
Congrats to all of our challenge participants for sticking this out. We are now in the month of JULY and the BBQs and excessive food and drinks are here to test us. Let's use all of the outdoor activities to our advantage. We can beat this weight and keep it off! Good luck to everyone on their weigh ins whether bad or good, stay positive. I hope we are in this together for the long haul. I will be weighing in after I wake up in the morning, but wanted to post this for all of you early birds out there.

*also (once again) anyone who would like to join our challenge is welcome. I post a new thread once a month and I weigh in on the 1st and 15th of every month although you can post whenever you like.
Mnbarnum has also been posting threads to help keep us all on track. This is great b/c I really seem to lose focus at times and I am sure we all could use motivating posts. (Besides I like writing about my struggles but don't want to overkill this thread with my ramblings).
GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!

Replies

• hmmmm
    Options
    Congrats to all of our challenge participants for sticking this out. We are now in the month of JULY and the BBQs and excessive food and drinks are here to test us. Let's use all of the outdoor activities to our advantage. We can beat this weight and keep it off! Good luck to everyone on their weigh ins whether bad or good, stay positive. I hope we are in this together for the long haul. I will be weighing in after I wake up in the morning, but wanted to post this for all of you early birds out there.

*also (once again) anyone who would like to join our challenge is welcome. I post a new thread once a month and I weigh in on the 1st and 15th of every month although you can post whenever you like.
    Mnbarnum has also been posting threads to help keep us all on track. This is great b/c I really seem to lose focus at times and I am sure we all could use motivating posts. (Besides I like writing about my struggles but don't want to overkill this thread with my ramblings).
    GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I have to say I am a little nervous about going camping for the week...I leave tomorrow so I'll have to enter in last Thursdays weigh in and hope to see results next Thursday...because who wants to take a scale camping, NOT ME!!!!! I have had huge success thanks to this site and my determination and perserverance to lose this weight! I never would have believed how much this would change my life, lift my spirits and increase my confidence!!! Good luck to everyone, you can do this!!!

Started January 13, 2008 at 290 lbs...
    As of last Thursday I am down to 201 lbs.....
    Here's hoping I'll lose that 2 in front when I get back next week!!!!!!!!!
  • mrsksanchez
    Options
    april 1st 2008 250lbs
    july 1st 2008 215lbs
  • MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Started MFP 2-19-08 @ 234 lbs

4-1 224
    4-15 222
    5-1 221
    5-15 220.5
    5-30 215.4
    6-2 215.0
    6-18 213.4
    7-3 208.4 (+ 1.4 lbs from my goal for end of June, I'm happy with that)

My goal for end of July is to be out of the 200's. If I can get over my sinus infection and start exercising again, I just might make it. I'm still struggling with logging my food and counting calories. I need to do that too, but it takes so much time and effort, and I'm lacking in both. So, my goal by mid July is to be tracking my calories regularly again.

Have a great holiday weekend everyone!
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Hello to all of my fellow MPFers. I have had a little issue the past few weeks of not loosing any weight even so I was exercising and eating right:grumble: . So yesterday the scale showed 1 pound loss and this morning another 2 pounds:bigsmile: I might just make my goal yet:drinker:
    May 8th 318
    July 3rd 301
    So don't give up, even so the scales won't move for a week or three, you might get a nice suprise like me:love: .
  • kpossible
    kpossible Posts: 72
    Options
    Is this the thread to come to every month or is there a previous one to post to??
  • hmmmm
    Options
    Kpossible I start a new thread every month ie. June july then august will follow. I usually post my stats on the first and the fififteenth and whenever I want to air my gripes in between. This way I always have somewhere to go to.
    Anyway I know I said I would post my weight loss on the first and I saw a one pound loss leaving me at 224lbs. I am getting frustrated and definitely didn't do too well over the holiday weekend. I made chicken shish-kebabs. Well that potato salad definitely set me back. My goal now is to get to 222 by the 15th and 219 by the first. My progress has slowed almost to a stop and I think it may have something to do with my scale. My digital scale broke and I bought a regular scale I think I lost some motivation when I stopped seeing the tenths of a pound coming off. So now it is time to go out and buy a new digital scale although fiance will think I am crazy for buying a new one. Anyway good luck to every one else
  • kpossible
    kpossible Posts: 72
    Options
    Don't get frustrated....think about it you have lost 33 lbs! Go pick up something that weighs 33 lbs and you will probably put it down pretty quickly :noway: This is a journey. It won't happen overnight and sometimes not even every week...but if you take it day by day and it will come off and you have a great group of people to walk the journey with you.

If the tenths of a pound motivate you then by all means buy a new scale :smile:

Kim
  • hmmmm
    Options
    Okay it is the 15th and here goes my weigh in. I was very discouraged after the fourth of july my weight went back up to 230 but I was determined to get that off plus a little more. ............ Well I DID IT!! This morning I weighed in at 222.4.
    Started MFP 12/6/07 @ 258.
    7/1/08 224
    7/15/08 222.4
    Oh yeah I also bought my digital scale which I am extra happy about. I think I am also going to check in once a week now. My next goal is to be at 220 by next tuesday.
  • hmmmm
    Options
    Hi everyone! Seems like we lost a lot of people to this thread but y'all are welcome back anytime you are ready.
    It is saturday night I have two full days until my tuesday weigh in. I have a renewed positive outlook on this whole way of life again. I have been doing well with my eating and okay with the exercise. Last night I slipped up a little and had a few too many cocktails: 5 jack n diet cokes, a bud light, some wine and then a big cup of malibu bay breeze. Yeah I was pretty much three sheets to the wind and this is NOT a normal occurence for me, actually, I hardly ever drink. Felt good to let loose a bit though since this was a very rare occasion and we did not have our 2 girls to take care of. I am hoping this did not set me too far back!