1 month down & not many results!

Options
2»

Replies

• vayax
    vayax Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    7lbs in a month is awesome!!!! I think (I'm not an expert) that the less you have to lose the harder it is. I had to lose 12lbs and have been on this since November. It has been very slow but I only have 1 lbs to go... It might take me 2 more weeks to get rid of it but that's fine....I know I will get there! Just be pacient and don't give up!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I sincerely doubt you've hit a real plateau. How long has it been since you've lost weight- a week? Maybe two? Real plataeus are closer to months than weeks. This is kind of a beginners' bump- A lot of people don't realize what weightloss does to their bodies, you just see a number on the scale. When you lose 2+ lbs in a week, your body needs time to recover and reshape. WEight loss is not steady or linear, there are ups downs and laterals. 7lbs in a month is a LOT of results and a LOT for your body to handle. Give it another week, make sure you are eating enough and staying within your cals. And if you get through another two weeks without anything, then you might consider changing your workout routine or doing the other plateau remedies.
  • sdornbush
    sdornbush Posts: 25
    Options
    THANK YOU EVERYONE! You all are so encouraging! I guess 7 lbs is a lot for 1 month, but it seems that I go down a pound or so then the next time I weigh myself it is back up. Just get upset that the scale want to go back up!! I really appreciate all the support everyone has to offer and I will definitely try some of the tips you all have given!!!
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    You have lost 7 pounds in a month? That is quite an accomplishment! Slow and steady wins the race!

Yes That is a good weight loss, when you start focusing on how long it's taking to lose the weight you lose focus on everything else. Good luck you are doing great and on time!
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    You have lost 7 pounds in a month? That is quite an accomplishment! Slow and steady wins the race!

Yes That is a good weight loss, when you start focusing on how long it's taking to lose the weight you lose focus on everything else. Good luck you are doing great and on time!
  • madamelaporte
    madamelaporte Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    ! I seem to be loosing inches which is great, but why am I not shedding the pounds.

my cousin is a personal trainer and I asked him the same thing and he said to me the scales arent the important thing its the inches!