Kettlebell Training

Options
Im taking part in a course of Kettlebells in the next week, to keep someone else company. I'm quite a gym bunny anyway (usually do a triple class then rest while others do the kettlebell).

I do a number of classes anyway, usually cardio based (then body pump) and wanting to know if anyone has had results with Kettlebell Courses (pictures recommended) and what should be a nice starting weight and if their is any common problems to avoid which can cause injury. (A PT will be there but ofcourse they cant watch 100% of the time)

I'm a bit nervous about it, rofl

Replies

• atynk
    atynk Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Love kettlebell. I go to a kettlebell gym 5 x a week , 30 min a day. start with the weight you feel comfortable at.. its different for everyone. watch your back make sure you use your legs and not your back.
  • WomanofWorth
    WomanofWorth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    bump
  • peebs82
    peebs82 Posts: 7
    Options
    Just use a weight that is comfortable for you initially starting with a heavy kettlebell may only result in injury. From my experience keeping your back straight is key to not getting any lower back or back troubles in general. Good Luck kettlebells really get that heart pounding if used correctly :-)
  • nam14uk
    nam14uk Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I haven't done a course but I use them quite frequently. You'll love them as they give such a great workout! The main piece of advice I could give are to really use your legs and buy some weight lifting gloves because after a while your hands will get sore. Also there is one move that I've done when you lift up and swing the kettlebell over the otherside of your hand it has left me with bruises on the back of my wrist! Buy some sweat bands to wear on your wrists to avoid that!

Have fun!!