Off the wagon.

Options
So over a year ago I started here. And did amazing. I lost 25 lbs. But some where along the way I fell and fell hard. I ended up gaining everything back. I want so bad to get back on my weightloss but I am finding it so hard to control my eating. I just am having the hardest time making better choices. Sticking to an excerise plan is so hard. I don't have the extra money for a gym membership and I just can't seem to stick to a DVD plan. I am just lost. Not sure where to start. I guess if I keep finding excusses I will not get to where I want to be. I guess today is march 1st. I might as well try to start now.

Replies

• OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Whatever you did last year to lose 25 lbs. Are you able to do that again?
  • kimmie0627
    kimmie0627 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I am trying. But I have more on my plate now. Due to going back to school full time and I have fawning season coming up. I feel I have no time and I am make horrible food choice due to time issues. i just need to find a way to make time.
  • LisaLN
    LisaLN Posts: 54
    Options
    Like your quote says, it's just one foot infront of the other. Babysteps will make a world of difference in the long run. Make little changes each day and you'll find it gets easier. Work from the inside out, also. Try to figure out what's keeping you from thinking you're worth the investment of time. Also a good way to look at it, is that Mom's gotta take care of herself first so she can take care of her kids with 100%. You're not just doing it for yourself. :) I wish you lots of luck in this journey!
  • saldridge
    saldridge Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Well, sometimes losing weight is not the top priority, and I think it's not necessarily bad to just accept that.
    Trying to force a diet and exercise plan if you are not able to commit 100% will make it hard. Much harder than it is anyway and it is a ***** even if you commit 100% - you know what I mean?

How about you just try and maintain weight for a while, and focus on your other things? Maybe just try and eat less horrible things? Or maybe keep eating them and instead just start to exercise a little?
    And once you have cleared way a little for those, getting back on the wagon may just feel natural and be less effort?
    Is there any reason why you MUST do it now?

The problem is, the more you pressure yourself, the worst you feel about it and about yourself and often a natural relief is...EATING MORE BAD FOOD.
    Try and stop to be so hard to yourself, and maybe the reduced stress will naturally guide you to better eating habits.
  • jabbogurl
    jabbogurl Posts: 193
    Options
    What I do with food is a lot of prep on the weekends. And, I'll make my own mini frozen meals and stuff. So, I'll do a big pot of soup, chilli, enchilda soup, jumbalya. What's good is you control what you put in there! So fill it up with fresh veggies and stuff and keep salt to a minimum, instead, add herbs. Then I portion it out and freeze it, so I always have that to go to. I also made mini pizzas outta english muffins, froze them on a flat sheet, then tossed them in a bag. I just pull them out to toss in the oven when I need something.
  • gillleeman
    gillleeman Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Well, sometimes losing weight is not the top priority, and I think it's not necessarily bad to just accept that.
    Trying to force a diet and exercise plan if you are not able to commit 100% will make it hard. Much harder than it is anyway and it is a ***** even if you commit 100% - you know what I mean?

How about you just try and maintain weight for a while, and focus on your other things? Maybe just try and eat less horrible things? Or maybe keep eating them and instead just start to exercise a little?
    And once you have cleared way a little for those, getting back on the wagon may just feel natural and be less effort?
    Is there any reason why you MUST do it now?

The problem is, the more you pressure yourself, the worst you feel about it and about yourself and often a natural relief is...EATING MORE BAD FOOD.
    Try and stop to be so hard to yourself, and maybe the reduced stress will naturally guide you to better eating habits.
    This all makes sense to me.
  • Martha_VH
    Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    You have to want it to win it. Like somebody else said, it's not bad if weight loss is not your first priority right now. School takes a lot of work! If you wanted to start, start just by making an eating change. And it doesn't even have to be big, you can start simply by logging your food into the diary here. And if you don't have time during the day, either plan it the night before, or take a sheet of paper with you and write down everything you eat, then enter it all after dinner.

Then after you get used to simply entering your food, you can decrease a few calories and start swapping out the unhealthy food for a healthy but very tasty option. That's how I keep going, I make sure I am still eating foods I enjoy.

Then if you find time and are ready, you could start adding 1-3 short workouts per week.

Just do it one step at a time.
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Hey :) Just wanted to say that you are not alone! What we have to do now is do what we did then, but don't stop doing it :drinker:
    You can do it!
  • nannabur4
    nannabur4 Posts: 24
    Options
    This is my thought. Start small. I know you feel like you don't have alot of time and too much on your plate. I found that when I started exercising, it helped my mental clarity and DEFINATELY helped my mood. Along with dealing with stress. When you exercise it releases a bunch of feel good hormones. Maybe just say your gonna walk for 15 minutes a week or whatever exercise you choose. Do you have 15 minutes to devote to yourself? You're worth the effort! Then start adding time as you feel comfortable. Of course along with eating better. My favorite quote was always "Fail to plan and plan to fail". Take 10 minutes in the morning over your coffee, tea or water and think about your daily intention. What can you do for yourself today? Plan it out ahead of time. Fit it in your schedule. You will be ok. Good luck on your journey!
  • patattheshire
    patattheshire Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    remember each day is new and focous on your life one day at a time a small weekly goal with a small prize at the end like eating 7 vegetables for the week i find this to help me not eat the other calories