Sudden Enregy Crash - Tired/No Concentration

Options
2»

Replies

• feathers1981
    feathers1981 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Yeah just a one day thing! I do suffer with low blood pressure but normally it rarely bothers me. Think I'll just listen to my body and get some rest/something to eat! :smile:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Yeah just a one day thing! I do suffer with low blood pressure but normally it rarely bothers me. Think I'll just listen to my body and get some rest/something to eat! :smile:

also check your hydration levels. As a one off thing, these symptoms could be water related, did you have a headache at all (I'm to lazy to scroll all the way back up and check :tongue: )?

baah, scratch this, I didn't see the last thing you wrote about the water. My vote is a virus or something.
  • feathers1981
    Options
    No, no headache have drank 2
  • feathers1981
    Options
    No, no headache have drank 2 litres plus today and still drinking!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Whilst at the gym at lunch time doing my normal work out I started to feel starving and a bit lightheaded. I ate a low sugar high protein/fibre lunch and still felt really hungry and my concentration has been zero since... I gave in a couple of hours later and ate a protein bar even though this took me 150kcal over my allowance, which I never do. But this hasn't worked and I just feel tired and unable to concentrate. I have drank lots of water.

I am gutted that I have gone over and that this hasn't helped :sad:

I eat all my exercise calories and make sure my net is always 1200 (which is my daily allowance).

I only have 300kcal left for the day which is for my tea so I can' t really eat anything else!!

Any ideas? This has never happened before!

Feathers x

forget the protein bar, an hour and a half to two hours before you work out, you should be taking in 300 or so calories, the majority of them should come from complex carbohydrates (whole grains, veggies...etc.) as carbs are what fuel your muscles, not protein (under normal conditions).

EDIT

what's with everyone suggesting protein before a workout? I don't get that. Are you guys all on ketogenic diets and can't eat carbs for fuel? Protein does very little for blood sugar guys. This is a serious question, not a dig or anything. I don't understand what the reasoning is behind pre-workout protein infusions.

I haven't read the entire thread, but I did see that several people(including me) recommended something carby before the workout and a mix of carbs and protein following.

It's also really difficult to know what to recommend post-workout without any idea of length or intensity of workout being discussed. If it's a half hour walk on a treadmill, maybe just something carby afterwards would be fine.

For that matter, if it's more than an hour of cardio, something carby eaten/drunk DURING the workout could solve the problem.