THINGS THAT MAKE ME CHEAT...my diet..:)

Options
1.) people around me eating something that i have to have...(cheesecake)
2.) Brownies
3.) cold weather...(snow storms)
4.) ALCOHOL (a good amaretto sour does me good)
5.) ALL the foods that arent on the calorie counter.
6.) beign out all day n not finding anything healthy to eat...:(
7.) signinficant other
8.) GIrlSS ONLY::: one of those days.
9.) Having the IDF mode.
10.) Not seeing the results you set out. :(

AM i right or am i right?

Replies

• taldie01
    taldie01 Posts: 378
    Options
    Also being tired, I find I tend not to care when Im not rested
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Big heck yeah to #4. :embarassed:

Little things too, like croutons on my salads. :ohwell:
    and pity the poor bag of potato chips that finds it's way into my house. :embarassed:
  • WTFitness
    WTFitness Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Haha, nice list!

Mine would definitely be overeating foods that are considered "healthy" like natural peanut butter... the calories definitely add up!

Another one for me is eating as a reward! For instance, after writing a final exam, I ate a whole tub of natural vanilla ice cream!
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Also being tired, I find I tend not to care when Im not rested

This is also my big diet buster. So much easier to just go grab something quick than to cook and plan a healthy meal when you're tired.

As far as when someone is eating something I like... I taste some! It's better than eating the whole thing. I made pancakes for my family last weekend and my husband gave me a piece of his. That was enough to satisfy my craving.
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    7.) signinficant other

This is definitely my biggest reason to cheat.... my fiance is a picky eater and I mean PICKY. He only eats pizza, fries, garlic bread, bagels, and snacks. Makes it soooo hard to not just eat the junk with him.
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    1.) Anxiety attacks! If I get panicky I stuff my face to take my mind off it.
    2.) My husband! For some reason when he's not home I don't eat anything unhealthy, and then when he's here I pig out
    3.) My own lack of willpower...blah
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    7.) signinficant other

This is definitely my biggest reason to cheat.... my fiance is a picky eater and I mean PICKY. He only eats pizza, fries, garlic bread, bagels, and snacks. Makes it soooo hard to not just eat the junk with him.
    Sooooo true..... My husband wont eat anything that contains vegetables or isnt fried... so hard!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    1. Lack of willpower
    2. Boredom
    3. Friends
    4. The lady in the next office down from my office homemade cookies
    5. Being tired
  • citymouse514
    citymouse514 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Definitely #1 - being around others especially at work when you can't just avoid the smells is especially hard!
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Your forgot to add the sound of a large coca-cola calling your name ;) and I agree, my hubby sometimes makes it difficult when he insists on having junk food in the house!
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    My significant other doesn't help my cause either (discovered this morning that she ordered 6 boxes of girl scout cookies :noway: . She informed me that I wasn't supposed to know about those and she's going to hide them from me, but we'll see.

Remember that it isn't about what you eat, but how much. Have a small piece of cheesecake, a slice or two of pizza, just add it to your meal plan and see where you go from there. It won't completely throw you off track or make you gain a pound (or 10), and would probably be a good thing to consume if you worked out that day.