Desperate for food help!!!

Options
Hey everyone! I am desperate for new food ideas. I'm sick of the stuff I've been eating (slim-fast, granola bars, string cheese). I need ideas for healthy low-cal foods for snacks and all meals. I'm not looking for recipes, just easy food items (such as the above mentioned items) that are ready-to-eat or easy and quick to prepare.

THanks!!!

Replies

• Crazyjro
    Crazyjro Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    i love an apple with peanut butter
  • TenaciousTAZ
    TenaciousTAZ Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    almonds, buffalo jerky, walnuts, boiled egg, avacado, nitrate free deli meat.....btw snacks with some fat and protein will make you feel full. Carb only snacks will make you hungrier.

Starting 230 lb
    now 150 lb
  • Juliane_
    Juliane_ Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    This requires some cooking but how about a quesadilla? Do you have a grill at home? Just put some cheese in a tortilla along with chicken or anything else you would like. It cooks pretty quickly and it's delish. (well, I just love melted cheese).

Fage Yogurt is really good too.

A banana, peanut butter sandwich.
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    head of broccoli cut up small and a tbsp of kraft sundried tomato dressing with a little pepper on top, 4 mins to make and its a great snack.
    Greek yogurt.
    cottage cheese.
    boiled egg.
    & a word of advice dump the slimfast its garbage in a can.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Morningstar Farms Chik patties or Spicy Black Bean Burgers on lite bun.
    Yogurt and fruit.
    Cottage cheese and fruit cocktail.
    Tuna on lite bun or crackers.
    Whole wheat bread toasted in the oven with a slice of cheese on top.
    Canned soup (I know--lots of sodium)
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Hummus with carrots, celery, and cucumber slices
    Walnuts with dried apricots
    Almonds with dried cherries
    Hard boiled eggs
    Pears
    Kashi dark chocolate coconut bars
    Tangerines
    Peanut, almond, or sunflower seed butter on a rice cake or a toasted sandwich thin
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    Fruit: apples, bananas, clementines are all among my staple snacks.
  • luvamig
    luvamig Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Fruit: apples, bananas, clementines are all among my staple snacks.

This. But I think Clementines are out of season for now. The ones you get at the store will be super bland till summer time.
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I really like the healthy choice complete meals.
  • misschaplin
    Options

Iam not sure what the problem is with slimfast, I am using it also, and find the shakes really fill me up? I have been on it almost a week and have lost 2.8lbs so far.
    It seems to have a lot of vitamins and minerals in?

What is so wrong with it?

( not having a dig, generally interested to know)
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Hummus with carrots, celery, and cucumber slices

Love Hummus with veggies! I also have it with red/yellow peppers.
  • lisa451999
    Options
    I would stick to whole clean foods. Eggs, oatmeal, fish, chicken, turkey, any veggie....just to give you an idea.
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Almonds, the 100 calorie pack of popcorn (or just making your own homemade).
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options

Iam not sure what the problem is with slimfast, I am using it also, and find the shakes really fill me up? I have been on it almost a week and have lost 2.8lbs so far.

Everyone needs to eat what is right for them, but I do not drink slim fast because it contains several ingredients that I can't pronounce and vitamins/minerals that are added back in as opposed to naturally occurring in the drink.

Charmagne
  • misschaplin
    Options

Everyone needs to eat what is right for them, but I do not drink slim fast because it contains several ingredients that I can't pronounce and vitamins/minerals that are added back in as opposed to naturally occurring in the drink.

Charmagne

And you have lost so much :)
    well done, So if you didnt use something like slim fast, what is your secret? :)
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I need quick grab things to snack on as well...

- hard boiled egg
    - baby carrots
    - celery sticks with Laughing Cow Light Blue Cheese wedge (makes me feel like I'm eating wings lol)
    - almonds
    - whole grain bread with a light smear of natural peanut butter
    - veggies and hummus (love the stuff)
    - laughing cow cheese

And I just saw another post on here for homemade baked egg rolls that I definitely will try.. I believe they clocked in at about 93 cal a piece, 73 if done veggie only.
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Hummus and pita or hummus and veggies.
    Hummus with just about anything!
    Planters has some really good nut and fruit combos that I like for a quick on the go snack- sodium is high, so don't do it very often.
    Veggies and fat free dips
    Instant oatmeal
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Here's a great list of lean proteins, veggies, complex carbs, and healthy fats
    http://bodyforlife.com/library/food-list
  • BrandNewMia
    BrandNewMia Posts: 461
    Options
    Fresh fruits and veggies are great and so nutritious! I like raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, grapes, tangerines, bananas, baby carrots, apples or celery with peanut butter, cucumbers... Dried fruit is good and lasts longer. Those are what I grab when I'm in a hurry. I'll make a little tuna salad and scoop little bits in to lettuce leaves for a quick lettuce wrap.

Raw almonds or other nuts are also great. Yogurt, Special K Cracker Chips, Kashi cereals (I like the GoLean Crunch), boiled eggs, cottage cheese (with cucumber slices it is yummy), whole grain tortilla chips... Check out my diary if you want to.
  • Mamaheatherhg
    Options
    here's a quicky, take a beagel thin and put some laughing cow light swiss cheese or any other flavor you like, add some turkey slickes, or yoplait yogurt the ones with flavor such as strawberry shortcake, boston cream pie, apple turnover, low calories and awesome flavor!!!