Don't want to work out!

Options
Ok - so I already subconsciously know the answer to this question... I guess I'm seeing if anyone else has done this or some tips!
I have been faithfully watching my diet for 9 weeks now. Height 5'4 SW - 154 and now CW -141 so I'm very happy so far!
However, I've pretty much done no working out at all :(
Yes, yes I know...
I have maintained 141 for 3 weeks now but haven't lost anymore. I guess I've hit the point where I need to do some type of activity to get me out of this plateau right? Haha :)

Could I expect to lose about 10 more? Unrealistic? What type of beginner workout?
Thanks in advance for your insight! :)

Replies

• Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Try going to YouTube and search for Paul Eugene. He is upbeat and funny, and he has several dance/exercise routines on his channel that are less than ten minutes. Log them as general aerobics... it's a great way to start.
  • JennDoesKeto
    JennDoesKeto Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    first congratulations on the loss so far. what i would suggest is either walking, if you can't go out get a lesley sanson walk away the lbs dvd. or bike ride. cardio will help drop weight. also drink plenty of water. if you really want to lose more no fruit juice no soda just drink some water. you will be amazed at what those do to you!
  • horndave
    horndave Posts: 565
    Options
    All depends on how bad you want and what you want to lose. If you have the desire and the determination to lose more and be healthier the choice is yours. Beginner workouts, Couch to 5K is a good cardio one, or some of the beachbody products if you so desire.
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Hey you are doing great and you have done this so far with almost no exercise. You will be amazed at what exercise along with a good healthy diet will do for you. I'm fairly new here myself but having great success. I bought Leslie Sansone's walk a home dvd the other day and love it. It starts out slow and you can do the 1 mile at first until you can do more. Any activity you add is just going to get you past your plateau! Good luck with your continued success:)
  • Vivante63
    Vivante63 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Emily,

I'm your exact height and weight. I started dieting in November, managed to lose 8-10 lbs on diet alone which was nice :) I haven't been the model perfect dieter, I cheat here and there but have managed to stay at 140-142. I know its necessary but i'm not a fan of working out. Too bad you can't just stand on a machine and it works out for you, lol.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    You will feel so much better when you start working out regularly. It will likely help you break your plateau, but you should be working out even when you've reached your goal! Exercise is CRITICAL for a healthy body.

Regular exercise helps people sleep better, improves moods (can help with depression), gives you more energy... the list goes on and on. Here are some links on the benefits of exercise:'

http://www2.gsu.edu/~wwwfit/benefits.html
    http://www.busywomensfitness.com/exercise-benefits.html

Exercise doesn't have to mean slaving away on the treadmill, elliptical, etc. Find exercises you enjoy - walking outside, hiking, playing basketball, swimming, jogging (there are walking/jogging/running clubs in many cities), racquetball, workout dvds at home, kickboxing, jumping rope, tennis... If you enjoy working out at the gym then that's great - gyms provide a bit of variety (various machines, a pool, weights, classes, etc.) but not everyone enjoys them. You can easily exercise at home or around your neighborhood without going to the gym. Find something you can stick with and start reaping the benefits of regular physical activity! :flowerforyou: