HIIT!!!!!!!

Options
bluiz13
bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
love love love this....well i tried HIIT (high intensity interval training) last night on the treadmill at the YMCA....
did 2 min warm up
30 second running at 8mph, 90 sec walking at 4mph - repeated for 9 times...
on the last RUN we ran 8mph for 60 seconds instead of the 30 seconds...i thought i was going to DIE.....
i burned 200 calories in 20 mins....it was awesome....i will certainly be doing this again OFTEN...

Replies

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!! I love HIIT as well! Have had great results with it! Hope you do as well.
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I will have to give this a try!
  • zcuffe
    zcuffe Posts: 22
    Options
    wow, just looked up a ton of information on HIIT. the calorie burn with HIIT vs regular cardio seems to be much greater. i definitely wanna give this a try.

quick question, if i'm doing any exercise, i have my ear buds in. does anyone know of any downloadable HIIT workouts? like one's where the change in music would be the "timer" to either start sprinting or slow down?
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    wow, just looked up a ton of information on HIIT. the calorie burn with HIIT vs regular cardio seems to be much greater. i definitely wanna give this a try.

quick question, if i'm doing any exercise, i have my ear buds in. does anyone know of any downloadable HIIT workouts? like one's where the change in music would be the "timer" to either start sprinting or slow down?

what are you using to play your music on??
    i use my iphone and i use the runkeeper program...you can set up intervals for time or distance and obviously on the treadmill there is no distance to measure with GPS....check out their website....runkeeper.com

i love love love it....i use it for outside running and walking and will now use it for the hiit training....

good luck and enjoy this new workout....
  • hpygirl64ColleenLinder
    Options
    I do HIIT at home and almost done with my 60 day program, burning off the goo quicker then ever! ;) friend me for more "food for thought" and inspiration...Colleen
  • Karlen29
    Karlen29 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey Fellow HIIT Lovers,
    I was wondering how do you all log-in your HIIT workouts. I just did TurboFire's HIIT 15....and if I put in 15 minutes of high impact aerobics I get less tha 200 cal burned...I KNOW that cannot be right! I'm anxiously waiting to hear from you guys. Thanks in advance.

Karlen
  • Mayor_West
    Mayor_West Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    The great thing about HIIT is that unlike regular, steady-state cardio is that your metabolism is greatly increased. So while 15-20 minutes of HIIT might give you a calorie burn of 200-300 calories during the workout, the effects of that workout will last longer throughout the day, meaning you're burning more calories at rest. Comparatively, you can do 45-60 minutes of steady-state cardio and burn 500-600 calories, but you stop burning them much sooner after you finish.

It can be a pain in the *kitten* to calculate and make a determination for how many exercise calories you can allot yourself, but when it comes to burning fat, NOTHING is as effective.
  • Karlen29
    Karlen29 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks Mayor_West!