I Neeeeeed Chocolate!!!

Options
Help!!!

Im great at getting to the gym (I go 5 times a week - 3 x different classes, 2 x 60/80 minute cardio plus weights) and i do eat healthy most the time. I like veg and fruit and healthy food.... but i cant kick my chocolate addiction!!! I have to have some everyday!

Im not a fan of sweets, or crisps or cakes, its just chocolate! Any ideas how i can cut/replace this urge! I dont want to try and stop eating chocolate completely because I have tried before and just end up having a huge chocolate binge after a few days

Any help would be great :)

Replies

• HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    haha I'm the same sometimes. Only things I can think of is maybe set aside a few calories a day for a small bar of chocolate, just enough to get that fix (I had a kitkat earlier, the 4 piece one and it was 233 cals so a 2 piece one wouldn't be many.)
    Orrr you could have something that tasted like chocolate. I don't know if you ever have protein shakes but the one I take Gold Standard - double rich chocolate flavour, tastes reallly nice and just like a slightly thinner nesquik chocolate, and that's with water! lol It's 133 cals per serving so probably about the same as small chocolate bar, but with less of the fat and things that are bad in high amounts :)
  • hjy319
    hjy319 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Vitatops deep chocolate (100cal) or sugar free jello pudding snacks(60 cal) are awesome for me when I get thise cravings! Check out vitatop's web site for stores, I know it says targt, but I've never seen them there, I can find them at my grocery store Pick n save. Good luck :)

Edit, I guess, I haven't looked at calories yet but a couple of hersey kisses can't be all too much....
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I am a chocolate lover so i have a piece of chocolate when I crave it. The mini dark cocolate hershey bars are good.
  • qedmcs
    qedmcs Posts: 1
    Options
    Zone Perfect dark chocolate protein bars. Chocolate and protein (12g) - at around 200 cal. Not a bad solution if you are working out.
  • jleshko
    jleshko Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I can vouch for those Zone Perfect bars, they taste great!!!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    I don't know how you would stop it all together, as that's what you asked... I guess, like any other habit, you just have to set your mind to it and stop. That is not an option for me, so I have one square of a dark chocolate bar every night at the end of my day... it's sort of turned into a ritual with my husband and I each having a square. So anytime during the day if there's a "chocolate opporunity" I remind myself of the evening chocolate and I can make myself wait until then. Good Luck!
  • cmmull67
    cmmull67 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Popsicle brand low fat/fat free fudge pops. 60 cals per. If you really need the chocolate, make room for it in your daily calorie budget.
  • reander
    reander Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I find having 1 or 2 pieces of dark chocolate a few times a week helps keeps craving at bay, for me anyway. I can't kick the chocolate habit either.
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Go for REALLY good dark chocolate- 70% or more. An ounce of this- note 1 oz, not more- a day has been proven to be heart healthy for women. It keps the risk of heart failure much lower. Lots of jokes about how this might be (like lack of chocolate throws us into heart failure) but it is true.

The key is high end dark chocolate and only 1 ounce a day.
  • thomasvision
    thomasvision Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Well there are few things you can do. One like someone else suggested a chocolate protein bar. I have a great chocolate Ice Cream Protein shake that I love! Lastly you can go to the organic isle in the supermarket and get dark chocolate which is healthier than milk chocolate. Over 70% dark choc would probably be the best choice.
  • chancie72
    chancie72 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I used to have this problem so I kept a bag of Andies candies or Hersheys minature candy bars in my car and at the end of the day If I wanted 1 I went out to the car and got only 1 and brought it in the house and enjoyed it. The andies candies were like 25 calories and the hershey minis were not alot but I can't remember exactly how many. It was enough chocolate to kill the craving but not enough to ruin my day's calories. Eventually I ate them less and less and very seldom need any at all now.
  • laurenlei
    laurenlei Posts: 96
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Glad im not the only one!

Definitely going to try the dark chocolate and chocolate protein shake route! fingers crossed!! Thanks :)
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    No need to give it up. Just plan it into your day. One thing I did in the beginning was to switch to really good, high quality chocolate and have just one square a day. I used to wrap them individually in foil and keep them in a cookie jar.
  • racergirl1991
    racergirl1991 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate is the best for you. I buy Dark Chocolate (like hersey's kisses) and put two in my lunch each day, the rest are in the freezer. I know im going to get it so I dont crave it like I did before!!
  • HOPEful27
    HOPEful27 Posts: 56
    Options
    Peanut Butter & Co Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter. :bigsmile: A spoonful fixes my chocolate craving every time. Love, love, love it!
  • meredithscroggin
    meredithscroggin Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of FiberOne bars; my favorite is the Oats and Chocolate flavor. It's the perfect amount of sweet, and it's definitely healthy! Also, for some reason, nuts always satisfy my cravings. The other day, I tried my friend's Emerald Roast chocolate/cocoa powder almonds, and they were amazing! Hope it helps!
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I've eaten chocolate and other sweets right along. You just figure in the calories is all. Like your food choices, you will eventually come to find which chocolate gives you the best satisfaction for the least calories. I also recommend dark as you can stand it.

I also use Adora chocolate calcium supplements. I figure in the calories but it is amazingly good chocolate and I get to have it three times a day, every day.

It is not best to deprive yourself completely of something you love so much. It just adds to your misery and may lead to binge eating.
  • ofccat
    ofccat Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I am a chocoholic. I like to have a few pieces of a special dark chocolate bar before bed. It curbs my chocolate craving and dark chocolate is good for you and it's not bad for ou calorie/fat was. The whole bar is 180 and I think it comes out to 15 calories per piece.
  • Anidorie
    Anidorie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    eat weight watchers chocolate candy. it tastes so wonderful!
  • s4r4hc
    s4r4hc Posts: 7
    Options
    I am guessing you are from the US but in the UK I have a curly wurly every day, its a chocolate/caramel bar that is only 115 cals. I have lost 14lb in 4 weeks and would never have stuck to the diet for this long without knowing that if I am good all day I can have my bt of chocolate at night!