Question about swinging?

Options

Replies

• Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    *Snap! Wrong kind of swinging... drat! :grumble:
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    When I saw the title of this topic I thought "has MFP turned into one of THOSE sites?"

Note to self: get your mind out of the gutter! :laugh:
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    200 calories an hour approximately.

http://www.weightlossforall.com/burn-200-calories.htm
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    On my first date with my wife, we had to stop by her house for a moment to pick a bathing suit up. I followed her to her room and was standing there as she went through her dresser looking for a suit. I looked up and saw an industrial sized hook in the ceiling. Above the bed. Not the right location for a hanging plant and much too sturdy.

My curiosity got the better of me. I asked her about it. She didn't flinch when she told me it was for a swing.

I proposed to her 6 weeks later. Still hang it up from time to time. Very pleasant way to burn calories.
  • wyze
    wyze Posts: 248
    Options
    Poor kid, the whole thread is about how y'all misinterpreted the word swinging, very few people answered her question. In response to your question, i dont think its a good workout, but u did burn something
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options

Yea same thought here! LOL. *slaps my own cheek for dirty mind*
  • SoFLYFireman
    SoFLYFireman Posts: 170 Member
    Options
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

:laugh: Here too!
  • Texsox
    Texsox Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    LOL
  • qtwells82
    qtwells82 Posts: 352
    Options
    On my first date with my wife, we had to stop by her house for a moment to pick a bathing suit up. I followed her to her room and was standing there as she went through her dresser looking for a suit. I looked up and saw an industrial sized hook in the ceiling. Above the bed. Not the right location for a hanging plant and much too sturdy.

My curiosity got the better of me. I asked her about it. She didn't flinch when she told me it was for a swing.

I proposed to her 6 weeks later. Still hang it up from time to time. Very pleasant way to burn calories.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: My man asked for one of these....
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    :tongue:

What? A date with RoadDog's wife?
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options

They are fun stuff!!!!
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    200 calories an hour approximately.

I'd love to see that on an HRM!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    glad to see I'm not the only one with their mind elsewhere....

Yep, me too!
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    damnit...and i had some input about swinging...but not this kind...:sigh:
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Coutesy of Wiki:
    Calorie Count question: How many calories do you burn swinging on a playground swing? About 150 for 30 to 45 minutes, depending on how hard you swing.
  • SoFLYFireman
    SoFLYFireman Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Coutesy of Wiki:
    Calorie Count question: How many calories do you burn swinging on a playground swing? About 150 for 30 to 45 minutes, depending on how hard you swing.

hahahahahahahaha the last sentence could be taken so wrong.. or right lol
  • Riliye
    Riliye Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    <_< Good to know I'm not the only one, I guess, haha!

As for the REAL question: as fun as swinging (on a swingset!) may be, I doubt it's a good way to burn calories. If our park had any swings, I'd do a test run with my HRM, but it's just a big playground.
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    did somone say swinging? Well hello there, how you doing?
  • live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    Options

Hahahaha...Finally a part of this post thats not misleading :happy:
  • sarahlouisah
    Options
    you dirty minded bunch made you look didnt it