Super Strong!

Options
So I'm usually pretty rushed in the AM. I get up, shower, iron my clothes, blow dry my hair, pack my lunch, get dressed for work and ride out. A normal morning for many a happy employee. I typically run about ten minutes late so I eat breakfast when I get to work. I get a cup of hot water and two little pats of butter from the lunchroom on the way to my office.

When I first stared MFP I was eating two packs of instant weight control oatmeal. I'd look at it all mixed up and steamy-yummy and think....that won't last until lunch...I'm gonna be so hungry (don't even get me started on my beginner thoughts on 1700 calories a day lol). But I added a hand full of raisins and the two pats of butter and I could make believe that it was some yummy cinnamon roll that was way bad for me. :happy:

Over the past three weeks I've literally done a 180 on my eating habits. And I've noticed when I eat my oatmeal in the morning I don't feel hungry ....ever. I eat because I know I need to but I don't feel the need to snack. Its badass! Knowing that and watching the scale finally turn down made me take it one step further. Last week I cut back to a pack and a half of oatmeal, and I still felt the same. This week I cut out one pat of butter. Just making these healthy choices makes me want to shout if from the rooftops. I wanna be like HeMan...."BY THE POWER OF MFP....I AM SKINNY" :laugh:

Anyways...sorry to go on with my oatmeal story...I'm just super excited that for the first time in my life 1700 calories is starting to feel like "too much". Ohh and just a bit of added victory ...I got my husband to eat Boca burittos and Diet soda cake....and he liked them. woo hooo! :drinker:

Replies

• eHarris
    eHarris Posts: 160
    Options
    So I'm usually pretty rushed in the AM. I get up, shower, iron my clothes, blow dry my hair, pack my lunch, get dressed for work and ride out. A normal morning for many a happy employee. I typically run about ten minutes late so I eat breakfast when I get to work. I get a cup of hot water and two little pats of butter from the lunchroom on the way to my office.

When I first stared MFP I was eating two packs of instant weight control oatmeal. I'd look at it all mixed up and steamy-yummy and think....that won't last until lunch...I'm gonna be so hungry (don't even get me started on my beginner thoughts on 1700 calories a day lol). But I added a hand full of raisins and the two pats of butter and I could make believe that it was some yummy cinnamon roll that was way bad for me. :happy:

Over the past three weeks I've literally done a 180 on my eating habits. And I've noticed when I eat my oatmeal in the morning I don't feel hungry ....ever. I eat because I know I need to but I don't feel the need to snack. Its badass! Knowing that and watching the scale finally turn down made me take it one step further. Last week I cut back to a pack and a half of oatmeal, and I still felt the same. This week I cut out one pat of butter. Just making these healthy choices makes me want to shout if from the rooftops. I wanna be like HeMan...."BY THE POWER OF MFP....I AM SKINNY" :laugh:

Anyways...sorry to go on with my oatmeal story...I'm just super excited that for the first time in my life 1700 calories is starting to feel like "too much". Ohh and just a bit of added victory ...I got my husband to eat Boca burittos and Diet soda cake....and he liked them. woo hooo! :drinker:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Yey for you on the new lease on yourself! HOORAY!
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! I too am shocked at how full I am on 1200 cals, although I work out almost daily...hard workouts...in order to eat more. I hope this thing works...will weigh in after my first two weeks are complete. It feels good to feel healthy!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!