Egg whites

Options
2»

Replies

• EmoJew
    EmoJew Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hehehe no children yet, but i guess the idea about the dogs isnt too bad...

We have a 4 months old Bullmastiff puppy and she needs all the food she can get.... at least thats what she'd have you think :)

Im in the UK, so I have never seen anything like that but I will be on the lookout now :)

Thanks guys

MyProtein and bulk powders both do egg whites in bottles and deliver to the UK. Waitrose do the two chicks range too. All are more expensive than just chucking the yolks. I had to make peace with this too.

I eat tons of egg whites, for a low cal protein boost. Not cos I'm scared of fat, or cholesterol, but to fit my macros!
  • Seoul11
    Seoul11 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I sometimes use more whites than yolks and save the yolks. I use them in baking (I might replace one of the eggs in the recipe with two yolks). Or as a hair mask. Or if I can't use them I put them in the compost bin--they're great for my garden.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Ha, zombie thread-revival!

My last comment was 2 years ago - since then I've been able to find cartons of egg whites in Sainsbury's in the UK.
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Egg Beaters is a popular brand for egg whites.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I eat the yolk, or freeze them, they freeze pretty well and then I use them for making custard and such. x