what do you all do for exercise daily?

Options
I'd like to get back into a routine of daily exercising before i go to work in the morning.
i typically have anywhere from 45 minutes to 1 hour and 15 minutes. i'd like to lift 3 days a week.

any suggestions on what else to do the other 4 days of the week?

i ordered the Jillian micheals Shred it vidoe - it should be ehre soon. anyone use it? anyone follow her nutrition guidelines?

any ideas would be great!!! i have about 15 pounds to lose (so far have only lost 5 - but i know it is my lack of consistency in exercise)

Replies

• psuastro97
    psuastro97 Posts: 125
    Options
    I'd like to get back into a routine of daily exercising before i go to work in the morning.
    i typically have anywhere from 45 minutes to 1 hour and 15 minutes. i'd like to lift 3 days a week.

i ordered the Jillian micheals Shred it vidoe - it should be ehre soon. anyone use it? anyone follow her nutrition guidelines?

any ideas would be great!!! i have about 15 pounds to lose (so far have only lost 5 - but i know it is my lack of consistency in exercise)
  • psuastro97
    Options
    by the way - i do go on a daily dog walk for about 1 mile every morning. but i never count that as exercise....it's not a fast pace or anything...just dog walk/sniffing pace :happy:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I don't belong to a gym..not a big work-out person
    I hit my at home treadmill for about 45 minutes daily and do some strength training stuff
    I just picked up a yoga DVD for some toning etc..

Kim
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    by the way - i do go on a daily dog walk for about 1 mile every morning. but i never count that as exercise....it's not a fast pace or anything...just dog walk/sniffing pace :happy:

heheh.....I know the feeling!!

I have a few Jillian Micheals' DVDs. She kicks your butt, so start out slow and if it has weight lifting do the first workout or two without weight until you know how your body will move. I messed up on that one and strained my knee :tongue:

I also have Carmen Electra's Cardio Strip Tease. It sounds raunchy, but it's all in good fun and lets you stretch those Jillian Micheals' killed muscles! :wink: I just getting into a routine. Just joined a gym. But those two videos are awesome. That, and now that it's warm, I swim every chance I get.

:flowerforyou:
    M
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    O! And If you have Comcast On Demand, they have great 10 minute workouts!
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I don't do any one thing daily. Sometimes I go rollerblading for an hour, sometimes tennis, sometimes a walk with the stroller and sometimes nothing..lol On the nothing days I try to uh.."bounce" around the house cleaning and stuff lol Meaning I literally jump about like a freak and dance..lol Taylor loves it!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    If you lost 5 lbs in 1 month, I would say you're doing a great job!

You are welcome to join the SBF challenge where we post our daily exercises - it keeps us in line.

I do: elliptical, weights classes, yoga, walking, kickboxing, and the odd video. I have the BL videos but not Julian. I like the classes the best because you feel obliged to make it through the whole thing.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Woof-woof-woof woof, woof WOOF!!! Woof woof wowoowooowoof woof...woof woofwoowoowoof. WOOF WOOF WOOF!

WOOOOOOOF!!! :happy:

((Translation, tell your master to take you to a local park to play ball more often! And you are doing a great job, YOU GO PUPPY!!!))

• Slender1
    Slender1 Posts: 185
    Options
    Check out the "Crunch" fat-burning pilates DVD with Ellen Barrett. It is about 45 minutes and you get cardio + core strengthening.

http://www.amazon.com/Crunch-Burning-Pilates-Ellen-Barrett/dp/B00009V7QF
  • CountessCatiche
    Options
    I saunter around the block with 3 dogs - now I have started taking them indivicually - they love the one on one attention and I get 3 walks in...
    The benefit - I'm noticing is my fanny and waist...they are coming out of hiding !!!!!:smooched:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I get up extra early every morning and dance for a half hour to an oldies CD that my husband made for me of all my favorite fast oldie songs.
    I also take a good 25 to 35 minute walk at a fast clip.
    I've gotten my sister to start walking too, so I'm also taking a walk a day with her, though at a slower clip.
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Options

I don't have the Shred dvd, but I've read several posts about it... people seem to like it. They say it is a great workout. I have the Biggest Loser Cardio Max and Power Sculpt dvds. I like both of these alot. I do them a few times a week. Please let me know what you think of the Shred when you get it... I'm thinking about getting it.

I walk alot... sometimes twice a day. I sometimes bike and do pilates.
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing a great job! i am a walk-a-holic here. But I don't do my work outs in the morning.. I work out at night! I walk on my treadmill between 45-80 minutes 6 days a week. I used to be an aerobics tape girl but now I just walk. I load up one of my favorite shows on the laptop..prop it on a table..grab some headphones and zone out!
  • bamabelle
    bamabelle Posts: 14
    Options
    I do some sort of walking every day, and at least three times a week I go to the YMCA for a 30 minute swim and 45 minutes on the treadmill.

On the days I don't make it to the Y, I either pop in an exercise DVD (I have some older ones - need to check out some new ones!) or put on some music and dance, or go for a brisk walk around our hilly neighborhood.
  • fatsis
    fatsis Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    This is a ? I have been wanting 2 see asked. I am looking for something new 2 do.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    I bike ride--you could burn up easy 300-500 calories in an hour bike riding.
  • meme2018
    meme2018 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I try to go workout at the gym during cardio and weights. When I can't make it I have workout dvds that I use. ( THE FIRM, BIGGEST LOSER, TAE BO, HIP HOP ABS) I have alot of dvds :laugh: :drinker:
  • psuastro97
    Options
    thanks everyone!!! i really appreciate all of the suggestions!

i just got the shred 30 day dvd - it says you can lose up to 20 pounds in 30 days. sounds crazy to me - but i assume that means you need to follow her 30 day diet, too. i'm a horrible dieter when i am told what to eat. that's why this site works so well. i can eat what i want as long as i stay in my ranges for calories/fat/protein/etc. i'll have to try the shred dvd tomorrow morning before work!

we do have a treadmill in the basement, too. actaully we have quite a bit of things i can do - i guess i just need to get my butt in gear! i'll have to join the message board about daily exercise!!! maybe that will make me feel accountable and i'll get into my routine.

thanks everyone - i'll let you know how the dvd goes, too!
  • familybugs
    familybugs Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    CARDIO CARDIO on the days you don't lift weight.... that way it helps you lean out . weight lifting is fantastic! Protein builds muscle and muscle burns fat...
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    My husband & I walk 3 miles every day. This past week I have also been riding my exercise bike. I just ordered Sweatin' to the Oldies (finally on DVD) so I'm going to add that at least 3 times a week.

Best of luck to you!