Looking for people like me!

Options
Hi there - are there any young women out there looking to lose 100 pounds or more? I ask because I find people in our situation have struggles and questions that are slightly different than those hoping to lose those last 10 or 20 pounds. If there's someone out there who is in the same position as me and would like to share their tips, tricks, struggles and insights, I'd love to hear from them, because I could use all the help I can get!

Replies

• MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I've only got 40 left, but I've lost over 200. I'm happy to help support if you'd like! Just add me.
  • CelesteENelson
    CelesteENelson Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My name is Celeste. I am 29 years old and started my journey Aug 2010 with at least 147 lbs to lose. So I would say I am definitely in your situation. I have already lost a large chunk and it hasnt been easy. Feel free to friend me.
  • amaried621
    amaried621 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the amazing weight loss! 200lbs is quite an accomplish and I hope that you are proud of yourself :)
  • superstah00
    superstah00 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    My first goal is to lose 65, but my ultimate goal is to lose 100!! You can do it!!
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I have about 50 pounds or so left, my overall goal is to lose at least 100 pounds if not more. Feel free to add me! :happy:
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I'm 34 and still have about 100 pounds to go to reach my goal. By the time I'm done, it will be about 180 pounds gone.
  • lots2live4
    lots2live4 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'd like to lose about 140 more pounds. Feel free to add me too!
  • startingoverca
    startingoverca Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I just started recently and am trying to lose over 100 lbs (I try not to think of the total number yet- just the smaller goals) but its probably somewhere around 125-150... I have lost 4lbs recently and am VERY excited about that as I don't feel like I have been 'struggling' to lose it- and usually I have to fight for each pound! Add me!
  • MrsKStewart
    MrsKStewart Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    hi my name is kosette and i'm having a hard time too . It's easier said than done I do good for a while then i fall off . I will never giv up !
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I started September 21st 2010 with 127 pounds to lose. I have lost half of it now trying to get the last half off. I know I will run into a few more problems on the second half of this journey but I am trying not to think of those issues as I will deal with them when they get here. It's one day and one meal at a time. Good luck with your journey. You have come to the right place that's for sure :happy:
  • skitchlu
    skitchlu Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm lap banded too, but I find it didn't really work for me. I lost a bunch of weight pre-op and right after the surgery but that's about it. I've really struggled with reflux when I get the band tightened, so I can't keep it too tight. If I knew it would come back down to go old diet and exercise, I would have saved the thousands of dollars I spent on the surgery!
  • desireeanne
    Options
    please feel free to add me
    i am a mum of 5 it took me 12 years to put on this weight lol its time to losse it
    i have lost 26 IBS (11kg) so far in 7 weeks which im really happy with
    i still have a really long way to go