Chafing solutions?

Options
1113cw
1113cw Posts: 830 Member
Since I"ve ramped up my cardio over the last 2 weeks I am now chafing EVERYWHERE, thighs are the worst!
Don't know if its the cold weather or what but I've tried everything..different material clothes, under garments, baby powder and nothing seems to work.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advanace..sorry if TMI! :embarassed:

Replies

• savannahgur
    savannahgur Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I would also like to know the answer to this question as I am having the same issue myself :(
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    you can try vaseline or there is a product called body glide. i think most running shoe stores should have it.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    my duaghter has this problem because she has very muscular thighs. The only thing that helps her is to wear underarmour, tight shorts that go long past her thighs to above her knees. She has to wear them under her basketball shorts or if she wears a dress or skirt.
  • hog2east
    hog2east Posts: 9
    Options
    Bodyglide Anti-cafe. It looks like a stick of deodorant and you can get it at a running shoe store for a couple of bucks. It is a petroleum based product kind of like vasloline. I think it works great. Just apply where you may get chafe.

In my opinion the the powder products make things worse if you are really working it.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    bump
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Either those body glide sticks you can get @ any sports store or a little bit of vaseline. I used to get massive chaffing from my training suits (competitive swimmer) that I still have scars from....but once I tried it, vaseline really helped take the burn off!
  • Tomhusker
    Tomhusker Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I had serious problems with chaffing. The only thing that helped me was to take a week off from walking and going to the gym. Treated it with Gold Bond powder every day. Now after 3 weeks, I am ALMOST chaffing free.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    body glide works wonders!!! The compression shorts dont work on my legs because they roll up (no matter how long/short they are)
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Deodarant... put it between your legs... no joke. Cheaper than Body Glide and just as effective... also works for blistering on feet
  • EDBENAGLIO
    EDBENAGLIO Posts: 424
    Options
    my duaghter has this problem because she has very muscular thighs. The only thing that helps her is to wear underarmour, tight shorts that go long past her thighs to above her knees. She has to wear them under her basketball shorts or if she wears a dress or skirt.

I USE THEM TOO GOT MINE AT WALMART COMPRESSON SHORTS
  • starkid120
    starkid120 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan off putting vaseline (or any other cream for that matter) on my thighs for this. Usually I pat a little baby powder on my inner thighs where my legs rub the most. I know it sounds weird, but it really does help!
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Deodarant... put it between your legs... no joke. Cheaper than Body Glide and just as effective... also works for blistering on feet

Thanks.. maybe i'll try this before investing in the Body Glide!
  • Shofie_1910
    Options
    Have you tried Sudocrem? I find putting that on over night helps!
  • sauza
    sauza Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    thank you!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Since I"ve ramped up my cardio over the last 2 weeks I am now chafing EVERYWHERE, thighs are the worst!
    Don't know if its the cold weather or what but I've tried everything..different material clothes, under garments, baby powder and nothing seems to work.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advanace..sorry if TMI! :embarassed:

Sporting goods stores and running stores will sell something called Body Glide. It comes in a tube like a deodorant. You coat areas of your skin that are prone to chafing with it before you exercise. I needed it when I started running more than about 7 miles or so and I loved the Body Glide!

Also, if you've been working out in really inexpensive workout clothes, it may be time to upgrade. The more pricey stuff tends to have more thought put to where seams are placed and also have better finishing on the inside, so chafing is less likely. I'd rather have 1 or 2 good quality pieces than 8 poor quality ones for exactly that reason.
  • lilac67
    lilac67 Posts: 311
    Options
    a styptic pencil broken in 1/2 and carried in each pocket helps to absorb moisture that can cause chafing and gaulding.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Look online for Body Dusting Powder...made with different ingredients usually arrowroot powder or cornstarch..works much better than baby powder!
  • surv8r
    surv8r Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I also use a stick deodorant and I wear the "Armour Flex" type mens workout shorts under my walking shorts.