Best workout DVD for a busy Mom?

Options
Hello Friends!

To get through the rest of this never-ending winter I feel like I need to kick it up a notch from normal routine of Wii-Fit. It's not cutting it. What are your suggestions for a great work-out DVD? Keep in mind I have three little girls... who do not nap. So it needs to be quick, yet effective! Let me know what has worked for all of you! Thank you!

Replies

• ElaineDianne70
    ElaineDianne70 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I have two kids and the quickest, best workouts I've done at home are TurboFire and ChaLEAN Extreme. They aren't just DVD's, they are whole exercise programs.
  • aanaya56
    aanaya56 Posts: 136
    Options
    HIIIII

10 minute trainer by Tony Horton.. Its 10minutes long and it works you out... You can do 20 min, 30 min etc... :)
  • erikblock
    erikblock Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Jillian Michaels's 30 Day Shred for the last month or so. You get a full workout--cardio, strength, and abs--in 20 minutes. I dig it.
  • CharleneN
    CharleneN Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I do Walk Away the Pounds by Leslie Sansone...it's walking in the home 1 mile up to 5 miles using small weights or resistance bands. My 2 & 4 year old do it with me or just play while I do it. I have been doing her dvd's for awhile now and it works great for me and like she says in one of them no excuse to not get your exercise in. It can take anywhere from 18 minutes to 60 minutes depending on what you're doing for mileage as well. I also have the 30 day shred but was disappointed in it because completely committed to it for 16 days and saw no change, not even loss of an ounce and was so disappointed. Went back to my WATP dvd's and was losing the next week so apparently Jillian Michaels and I just don't agree with working out styles. =)

Good luck which ever way you go, and hopefully your children will work out with you rather than be underneath you. =)
  • MMarie25
    MMarie25 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have been doing 10 min trainer for about 2yrs now, i dont even use the resistance bands, i use dumbells, because when i got it off ebay, rather than beachbody.com, the bands were not included. Lost 35-40lbs, went from 155lbs at 5'7, to now 123-125lbs.
    its great, i love it. I like to get it out of the way, so i do it somewhat early, between 8am and 11am, sometimes i eat breakfast before, but then dont exercise for about 1 hr- 1 hr 1/2 after that. if i exercise before breakfast, i sometimes have something small, like 1/2 banana or a apple & water!
    It's a great program!~!!!~

:)