How to love handles....in three weeks!!

Options
:smile: Hi all, am going on holidays in 3 weeks and really want to loose the belly fat and love handles, have about half stone to loose. Am doing no exercise at the mo but am trying to do weight watchers. Any tips would be great!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• SoFLYFireman
    SoFLYFireman Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    cardio cardio cardio cardio cardio, can never be stressed enough. Also, your body cant lose fat in "target" places, it loses it proportionally, but definitely cardio and some strength training high intensity, and you'll drop it fast! really fast
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Well you said it in a nutshell right there. Exercise is the key to loosing any kind of body fat. Cardio, and as far as flattening your stomach. Look up mufa foods Ex: Pepitas, ground flax and such. The flat belly diet book is an excellent reference for this.
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Also, your body cant lose fat in "target" places, it loses it proportionally

Oh I so agree. Unfortunatly Ive lost it all in my butt first lol. I agree cardio. The past month ive done 3 cardio and 1 day a week strength training but am upping it to 3 days cardio and 3 days strength training a week this month.
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I totally relate to this problem....I have love handles......
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I know this isn't going to be what you want to hear, but you can't spot lose fat, and the chances are the faster you try to "get rid" of your current body weight the more frustrating you will find your experience here. Make some commitments to healthier living- exercise, healthy nutritious foods- and stick in a reasonable calorie goal (don't put down "lose 2lbs a wk"- stick to 1 lb or less) and just forget your deadline. I know it sucks, but most bodies will not be rushed in this. Good luck!
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    lots of cardio, cardio, cardio!! and you can tone up using Jillian Micheals No More Trouble Zones dvd. Its one of the best dvds i use to tone up. 3 wks is plenty of time, you should have some great results! It targets your arms, love handles, abs, butt and legs.
  • lorr1979
    lorr1979 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, when ye say cardio and high density. Would a 60min fast walk suffice? What would high density be?

Thanks
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    if you want to fast walk, throw in some jogging in there. intervals. fast walk for 2 minutes then jog for 2 minutes, and so forth, that should get your heart rate up and you wont tire too quick. Good lucK!
  • SoFLYFireman
    Options
    High intensity is for example if you go for a run for 40 min, walk 2 and sprint as fast as you can for one, then repeat. I do step ups on a weight bench. Ill do 25 on left side, 25 on right and then ill jump up onto the bench 25 or 50 times. Serious fat burner, if you want to do high intensity interval training, you could sprint for 2 min, and jog for one, then repeat. It's the most effective way of burning, but takes serious stamina
  • lorr1979
    lorr1979 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks Georginafan but no way would I have the stamina for that. Am doing couch to 5k at the mo. Can you suggest any websites I could look at.
  • SoFLYFireman
    Options
    no problem :) good luck with it. Its hard, but definitely worth it. This should help a good bit:

http://www.intervaltraining.net/hiit.html