A new love in my life.....

newlyfoundlove
newlyfoundlove Posts: 2
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi my name is Debbie and i want to say that i have found a new love in my life, that's my body. I know that might seem like a weird statement to make but its true. when i look back at how i used to eat any and everything that wasnt good for my body, i wasnt exercising pshhh - to sum it up my lifestyle wasnt at its best and it was as a result of my nonchalant attitude. i was always a slim built person who believed that because of genetics i would never gain so much weight so i just didnt care. it was when my health started deteriorating that i realized how much healthy living made sense. infact i became very unhappy with myself. when i looked in the mirror Oh God, i just couldnt stand looking at myself anymore. it was horrendous! not only that, i was now suffering from elevated cholesterol and at some points my pressure was up that i had to be taking meds for it. with all these complications in my health at just my early twenties i didnt have a choice but to change my lifestyle unless i was planning on living on medications for the rest of my life or die at a very young age! Hell nah!
after a couple of doctor visits i decided to spend some time researching on various things as it pertains to health. gradually i have been phasing into it. now i am at a point in my life where i have never felt much better about myself and the things i put my self through. My cholesterol and pressure are under control, no need for meds.
One of my aspirations now is to work in the field of health and fitness. I am actively looking for courses to be certified in the field. i want to make a difference in the lives of others. i wanna be an active role model to other young people like myself. The very little i have achieved thus far is becoming a great influence on everyone around me. thats adds to my drive.
I currently work in the field of sales but health and fitness is surely where the core of my passion is. I love to work out especially doing weight training and yoga. these days i have been getting lots of complements on my body too. well i have said enough about me. But I do hope to meet more people with similar aspirations like myself. i am also opened to ideas on being a trainer.

Replies

• Hi my name is Debbie and i want to say that i have found a new love in my life, that's my body. I know that might seem like a weird statement to make but its true. when i look back at how i used to eat any and everything that wasnt good for my body, i wasnt exercising pshhh - to sum it up my lifestyle wasnt at its best and it was as a result of my nonchalant attitude. i was always a slim built person who believed that because of genetics i would never gain so much weight so i just didnt care. it was when my health started deteriorating that i realized how much healthy living made sense. infact i became very unhappy with myself. when i looked in the mirror Oh God, i just couldnt stand looking at myself anymore. it was horrendous! not only that, i was now suffering from elevated cholesterol and at some points my pressure was up that i had to be taking meds for it. with all these complications in my health at just my early twenties i didnt have a choice but to change my lifestyle unless i was planning on living on medications for the rest of my life or die at a very young age! Hell nah!
    after a couple of doctor visits i decided to spend some time researching on various things as it pertains to health. gradually i have been phasing into it. now i am at a point in my life where i have never felt much better about myself and the things i put my self through. My cholesterol and pressure are under control, no need for meds.
    One of my aspirations now is to work in the field of health and fitness. I am actively looking for courses to be certified in the field. i want to make a difference in the lives of others. i wanna be an active role model to other young people like myself. The very little i have achieved thus far is becoming a great influence on everyone around me. thats adds to my drive.
    I currently work in the field of sales but health and fitness is surely where the core of my passion is. I love to work out especially doing weight training and yoga. these days i have been getting lots of complements on my body too. well i have said enough about me. But I do hope to meet more people with similar aspirations like myself. i am also opened to ideas on being a trainer.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Welcome and congrataulations on your lifestyle change. I know you'll find lots of support and ideas from the people on this site. They're just the best. Good luck to you. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Welcome!!! The way you wrote about your body almost sound poetic :happy: ! I think if we all had that same attitude a lot of us would be better off :bigsmile: !

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]70715.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Welcome Debbie :flowerforyou:

Your :heart: has spoken and you have listened.

You have found your niche.

Follow your dream. :wink:

~Namaste :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.