to carb or not to carb...

Options
I am fully aware that this is the age old question. So I am trying to be smart about them. I eat more early in the day to help generate energy and try to go with less later in the day. But I love a baked sweet potato for dinner with a nice salad. Is this that big of a no-no? What should the limit be, in terms of grams, for the evening meal?

Replies

• kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I would say that as long as you are within your calorie goal you will be fine... there is an exact science of what percentages to have at each meal and what order to eat them in, and what time to quit and all that jazz. But that simply takes the fun out of it for me...

If you stay within the goals on MFP you will be fine. I wouldn't stress about it.
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I eat a sweet potato every single night with dinner and another higher fiber vegetable like broccoli or asparagus. I also eat a ton of fruit and vegetables through out the day and whole grains. I'm loosing the weight at the same rate i was when i wasn't eating any bread. I think its about the food choices you are making. White carbs tend to cause bloat. Whole grains, fruits and veggies tend to de-bloat.