1st post

Options
Hello!
I have been reading the posts since I started this site a little over one week ago. I decided to finally share my story with you. I started counting calories on my own last May and have lost 60 pounds so far. This website has given me new motivation to continue my weightloss journey. Today, I was trying on my old summer clothes to see what I will need to buy in the coming months. I had a pair of capris that I really wanted to wear last summer, but sadly, could not get all of the way up! I am so excited to report that not only do they fit, but they are slightly loose. I'm hoping to be able to donate them at the end of this summer, along with alot of my other clothes. (Along with the 60 pounds, I have dropped 5 pant sizes!) Not only was today a milestone personally, but I was truly able to see the rewards of my new healthy lifestyle. I wish all of you the best of luck in your journeys. Please remember, tomorrow is a new day, and you can start fresh!

Replies

• Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    :)
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your Loss, and on the New" Capris. You will enjoy Closet Shopping the next few months.
    Also, be sure to check out the Thrift Stores and Second Hand Stores in nicer neighborhoods near you. You will save a ton of money and get some AWESOME clothes!!
    :drinker: :happy:
  • mykaar74
    mykaar74 Posts: 253
    Options
    congrats, and I wish you continued success on your lifestlye change journey
  • krbuesgens
    krbuesgens Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! I hadn't thought about the second hand stores. What a great idea! I'll have to see what they have to offer.