What exercises to do when the gym is not possible????

Options
So things are a little tight right now. Though there are many things in the works that will change our financial situation in the future, I find myself having to put my gym membership on hold for atleast a couple of months. I have been doing so well and I don't want to lose any momentum. Can anyone give me advice on different things I can do outside the gym. I am all for jogging etc. and excercise e.g. lunges,burpees,squats etc. Should I put together a routine or change it up daily? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

THANK YOU:flowerforyou:

7508.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• tparkin
    tparkin Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    So things are a little tight right now. Though there are many things in the works that will change our financial situation in the future, I find myself having to put my gym membership on hold for atleast a couple of months. I have been doing so well and I don't want to lose any momentum. Can anyone give me advice on different things I can do outside the gym. I am all for jogging etc. and excercise e.g. lunges,burpees,squats etc. Should I put together a routine or change it up daily? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

THANK YOU:flowerforyou:

7508.png
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend bike riding--you burn great calories, it gets you outside, and it's easy on the joints.
  • meme2018
    meme2018 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I use exercises dvds, also if you get Fit Tv they have different workout program everday. Good luck:smile:
  • mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I have a pilates dvd that even my husband says kicks @$$! I love it, it's not very long at all but you definitly feel it working and it really toned me up... while I was doing it. I'm gonna start again soon though!! Last night I just did a series of leg lifts, crunches/sit-ups, and arm lifts with these lil 3 pound weights I have. My tummy, arms and legs are my probs so I just work on those. I figure the rest will work itself out...
  • PrincessDesiray
    PrincessDesiray Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I use DVDs and run. However I can never tell how many calories I lost through it but my body does feel it the next day.
  • tparkin
    tparkin Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I must admit I'm glad to hear that videos can be great for toning etc.. I've always wondered how well they work. Obviously it makes a difference what ones you get. I've been wanting to order some of the Jillian Michaels DVD's.

Thank you:flowerforyou:

7508.png
  • walnut
    walnut Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Banks had a great post a few months ago on a super intense exercise routine you don't need any equipment to do... unfortunately I can't remember anything else about it enough to look up what it was.
  • runningdevil
    runningdevil Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Gyms are overrated anyway! I do my best workouts at home using a wide variety of dvds and cheap equipment. My favorite DVDs are "The Biggest Loser" (season 1 w/ Bob), Denise Austin's Personal Training System, and Turbo Jam's "5 Rockin' Workouts" because they are all great workouts and I can change up the routine easily.
    My favorite accessories are my hand weights (5lbs, 8lbs, 10lbs), and my rubber resistance bands.
    Working out at home is also a time saver; no more getting dressed to go to the gym, showering, changing to go elsewhere, etc.
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I agree with runningdevil...no need for a gym but you should either get workout DVDS or

I have FIT-TV on my Satellite Service for no addit chg and I do Yoga and Strength Training (GILAD).

Check out your Cable or Satellite Svc in your area...you will be surprised what it offers!

For cardio... walk, run, ride...outside for free.

It is doable...and convenient...I do all my workouts at home.

~Namaste :flowerforyou:

~Mi
  • pmd14
    pmd14 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    good old fashion walking

if you can't afford weights use cans of food. believe it or not they work well

cable tv has great exercise shows too
  • mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    good old fashion walking

if you can't afford weights use cans of food. believe it or not they work well

cable tv has great exercise shows too

:love: I love walking! When I was 19 I went from 185 to 140 in about 2 1/2 months from walking up to 6 miles a day. Drank lemon water, ate better and just walked all the time. :heart: