losing it BUT ONE THING WORRIES ME for 300lb losers!

Options
But what about the 300 people (i have just come off that 300 mark) its the very reason I want to lose weight apart from health ,ect. I have a very large droopy lower tum.

Lets face it my legs bump it and it gets in the way looks ugly and now poses a question. when I lose it will I be left with a weird flap of skin? Yes tone it but as I have been fat all my life I do actually worry it wont leave me, Mothers apron(i believe they call it) I dont want, so anyone who had the same thing can you tell me if it goes???

Replies

• rachgleeson
    rachgleeson Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, been over weight all my life and it really worries me that i could be left with excess skin :(
  • melissatacker
    melissatacker Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    That's another reason water consumption is so important, it is believed that hydration makes your skin have more elasticity and will help in retraction during weight loss :)
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    there seems to be 2 different issues at hand here...if there is still fat there then that can be worked off, but the condition of your skin is another issue. If it is not as elastic as some peoples then then skin will still hang. That will have to be removed, and if it is causing quality of life issues, like infection, rashes or cutting off circulation then perhaps speak to your doctor. If not I'd wait to get to your goal weight and see how bad the skin is then. because over time with good diet your skin might get alittle tighter, but expect some loose skin either way. it's up to you how feel about it in the end and what you want to do about it.
  • nixxy74
    nixxy74 Posts: 106
    Options
    I think having it hanging fat or not its really nasty. I hate having to lift to wash ughhhh! I hope it does go but surgery when i get to goal weight will be the ultimate last resort and id rather just see if it tones up....its really worrying though!
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    oh it is rough not gonna say it's not...but there is a line doctors will look at it and if it isn't affecting your quality of life health wise...it has to be a cosmetic surgery instead of a insurance covered one...just sayin, not great, but it is what it is.
  • nixxy74
    Options
    Its a possiblility that the NHS (im in the uk) may cover it as a quality of life issue but I will probably have to get on the waiting list. We are talking way down the line here but its worth considering how to think of the approach if I do get a problem.Im not fond of the cosmetic route but its last resort!
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Its a possiblility that the NHS (im in the uk) may cover it as a quality of life issue but I will probably have to get on the waiting list. We are talking way down the line here but its worth considering how to think of the approach if I do get a problem.Im not fond of the cosmetic route but its last resort!

Yeah I think they will. Has your doctor got a record of how much you weigh now? I do believe you have to prove you have lost over a certain amount of weight you see. When the weight has gone, if it really is getting you down and the doctor sees how hard you have worked and tried every other option, I think they will do it on the NHS.
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options

Yeah I think they will. Has your doctor got a record of how much you weigh now? I do believe you have to prove you have lost over a certain amount of weight you see. When the weight has gone, if it really is getting you down and the doctor sees how hard you have worked and tried every other option, I think they will do it on the NHS.
  • nixxy74
    Options
    I havent told him im on the road to healthy -dom, I should make an appointment as my asthma is kicking off with all the exercise ..OOPS!:noway: