Why are you on MFP if your not going to be an encouragement?

Options

Replies

• MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!! You rock. Totally friending you. :)
  • oxnina
    oxnina Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hello MFP friend who never logs on and is about to be deleted…. look at my weight loss goals, now look at yours, now back at mine, now back at yours, sadly your goals are not as high as mine, but if you stopped being a MFP lurker and posted occasionally your goals could be as high as mine. Look down; back up, where are you? You’re at home…not the gym, looking at a MFP profile that you want your profile to look like. What’s in your hand, back at your screen…I have it, it’s a pair of skinny jeans that you would love to fit into. Look again; the skinny jeans are now a gym membership. Anything is possible when you actually log on to MFP. I'm on a computer.

LMAO!
    Thank you, I've been having a crappy day and you just made it so much better :)
    Hilarious!
  • daisy89
    daisy89 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    This post was AMAZING!

I really enjoyed your sense of humour. =]

Can we be friends? Lol.
  • gertrude13
    Options
    Why am I picturing a cute guy on a horse...? :)
    Hahahaha!!!! You're not the only one! Hilarious!

HAHAHA THIS IS REALLY FUNNY!
  • Shaye85
    Shaye85 Posts: 107
    Options
    hilarious!!
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    This is freakin amazing....love it......thanks for the laugh today....
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    HILARIOUS!!! Thanks! I needed the laugh! :)
  • peimomof2
    peimomof2 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Why am I picturing a cute guy on a horse...? :)

So did i! lol
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thank you for this.
  • Hova1914
    Hova1914 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    fun knee! but just for the record, I do NOT want to fit in skinny jeans :-)
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    All that was missing was: "The tickets are now DIAMONDS!"

"...I'm on a horse."

LMFAO! Very nice.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    LMAO>>>>Classic...But true...Very well said!
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I loved it! Thank you!
  • Mark_99
    Mark_99 Posts: 39
    Options
    This reply may annoy a few people but i feel it needs to be stated!!

Confidence is a massive issue with people that are overweight and i really think that posts like this can have a detrimental affect!! If it is aimed at an individual that you know and they are strong enough to bear you standing on their shoulders like this then that is all well and good unless it is a general slur.

Encouragment is essential and those that lurk in the shadows may well get all the encouragement they need from reading posts from within the shadow they hide and all that posts like this do is darken the shadow they lurk in and trample on the confidence that is slowly growing inside them. Confidence, encouragement and participation needs to be nurtured not ridiculed into a forced post!! I think it is also worth pointing out that a lot of individuals that have weight issues also have mental health issues for example depression! (that should highlight where i am coming from).

Lastly, please dont think that i take myself as some expert on this subject because that is absolutely not the case, i would just hate to be one of those that lurk in the shadows and read these posts laughing at my misfortunes and to be honest i think it is a little disrespectful when all any of us wants is to happy in our own skin.

Sorry if i have dampened any spirits but i felt i had to say something :frown:
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    LOL :laugh: VERY inspirational post :bigsmile:
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Very clever!
  • sassyg
    sassyg Posts: 393
    Options
    I don't get it? Is there some reference to a tv show or ad or something that I wouldn't have seen?
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I don't get it? Is there some reference to a tv show or ad or something that I wouldn't have seen?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owGykVbfgUE
  • wildbio
    wildbio Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha! Brilliant. Simply brilliant. Best rendition EVER!
  • Mark_99
    Mark_99 Posts: 39
    Options
    This reply may annoy a few people but i feel it needs to be stated!!

Confidence is a massive issue with people that are overweight and i really think that posts like this can have a detrimental affect!! If it is aimed at an individual that you know and they are strong enough to bear you standing on their shoulders like this then that is all well and good unless it is a general slur.

Encouragment is essential and those that lurk in the shadows may well get all the encouragement they need from reading posts from within the shadow they hide and all that posts like this do is darken the shadow they lurk in and trample on the confidence that is slowly growing inside them. Confidence, encouragement and participation needs to be nurtured not ridiculed into a forced post!! I think it is also worth pointing out that a lot of individuals that have weight issues also have mental health issues for example depression! (that should highlight where i am coming from).

Lastly, please dont think that i take myself as some expert on this subject because that is absolutely not the case, i would just hate to be one of those that lurk in the shadows and read these posts laughing at my misfortunes and to be honest i think it is a little disrespectful when all any of us wants is to happy in our own skin.

Sorry if i have dampened any spirits but i felt i had to say something :frown:

It seems that i have missed the point of this post, if that is the case then i apologise and shall return to my shadow :blushing: