New Scale arrived....

TimKirkwood
TimKirkwood Posts: 44
edited September 24 in Motivation and Support
So the new scale arrived from Amazon today. It is rated to 440lbs. I still got the dreaded -err- screen. I cant wait for the day that I get to see a number on that screen.

Although, I did confirm that the cat is 17 pounds, LOL

How often do you weigh?

Tim

Replies

• tammy200678
    tammy200678 Posts: 201 Member
    I do everyday I know probably not a good idea but helps me stay more focused on my goal
  • Most people do it once a week. I do everyday, but only record it on here once a week :)
  • every couple days, just to make sure what I am doing is effective
  • FatUncleRob
    FatUncleRob Posts: 341
    Every day, but I try to remind myself that it'll go up a few pounds some days... :happy:
  • oxnina
    oxnina Posts: 203 Member
    usually twice a week because if i weight myself everyday, my weight fluctuates to much.
  • jenfaye
    jenfaye Posts: 14 Member
    I weigh myself every Monday to see how good, or bad, I did during the past week. My plan is if I'm not happy with the results, I adjust my food intake and change my workout routine. I usually stick to 1 work out routine, like working out on the elliptical, for 1 whole week; that way I know what's working and what's not working when I weigh myself.

:smile: - Jennifer
  • Aylilth
    Aylilth Posts: 125
    I've put the scales away and only weighing monthly.

It started get get annoying seeing the ups and downs. I just focus on clothes getting loose and feeling better.
  • yyzdnl
    yyzdnl Posts: 127 Member
    Every day, but thats because I like to see the noise. I just really watch the trend. If the scale isn't cutting it just go with a measuring tape once a week.

I am still trying to lose my cat he is 14 pounds.

Edit;
    Don't get bummed when a couple of days after you get that first reading it goes back to (-err) thats just the noise.
  • pbxr
    pbxr Posts: 100 Member
    Congrats on your new purchase ~ you'll be seeing those numbers before you know it! :happy:

I weigh every few days at the same time of day. In the beginning I discovered that my lowest weight of the day was happening at around noon. No matter what day it is ~ sometimes every day (when I'm anxious, usually), and sometimes not for several days to a week ~ I always weigh at the same time.

Find what works for YOU! :smile:
  • jwstew007
    jwstew007 Posts: 67
    Yeah, I weigh every morning when I wake up, it does help show you that what you did the day before affects you today.
  • Some great tips guys, I think I will stick to the once a week, Since it may be a few weeks before I get to see a number. Until then, I will go by how my jeans are fitting.

You all rock, I love the message boards here!!!

Tim
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    I'm only weighing once a week.
  • FatUncleRob
    FatUncleRob Posts: 341
    Good luck buddy! You'll be get those scales working before you know it!
  • Good luck buddy! You'll be get those scales working before you know it!

Thanks man, I hope so. :0)
  • sudepip
    sudepip Posts: 20
    Its proably good to weigh once a week typically Mon morning right out of the bed once you have voided in the am. This way you can really track your true numbers. If you way everyday especially differnt times of the day your number will not be as accurate as our weight flucuate. Plus, that scale can just be out and out discouraging. Maybe consider getting a tape measure to track your inches lost first. You can get that at any walmart or retail store. Or, just ask your nurse at your doctors office. :smile: Good Luck!!!
  • snookemz
    snookemz Posts: 82
    well I weigh about every 3 days even though I keep screaming at myself to stop and just stick to Saturdays. That being said, when I know I'll be weighing in the next day, I'll weigh the night before because I'm a giant dork and I like to see the difference. However, when I weigh its so weird. I have a hard time with balance because of my spinal injury so I get the big E about 12 times then it will finally give me a number - then I don't trust it because it E'd me 12 times so I have to get the number again. Its very neurotic. That's probably why I'm single - I make weighing myself complicated!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Well as weight fluctuates a lot due to fluid intake and while body fat is re-composing itself into muscle I would only recommend weighing in once a week as to not get discouraged.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Good recommendation as muscle is denser and weighs more than fat. For ex: years ago when I had my daughter. I lost 3 sizes in my clothes due to going to the gym in 3 months, and had not lost weight. lol. It was when I went to college and started running, and cross training that I dropped off weight. So it varies, depending on what you are eating, and what your exercise regimen is.
This discussion has been closed.