Body Fat Testing

Options
Has anyone ever had their body fat tested? I am going to do it today and I really wish I had done it a long time ago when I first started working out. Oh Well!
I was just wondering since I have no clue as to what they will do--any help? :huh:

Replies

• courtneycatt
    courtneycatt Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever had their body fat tested? I am going to do it today and I really wish I had done it a long time ago when I first started working out. Oh Well!
    I was just wondering since I have no clue as to what they will do--any help? :huh:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    I did an electrical one. Tab on the foot and hand - took less than a minute. I've also had the body pinch ones done. These usually run about $15, so you could buy one for yourself. They basically just pinch you in a few giggly areas.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Heh, I had it done in high school. The nurse who did it was
    like, "You should be sick right now!" Cuz I was 2.35% bodyfat
    and apparently you should be atleast 3%
    *Sigh* that was back in my running and playing football days.
  • serenity1272
    Options
    I did both the electrical one and the pinch one...The electric one is more accurate in my opinion but it is easier and cheaper to do the pinch ya in the "giggly" places. At least your having it done. It is so cool to see that your getting healthier and that you are making progress. Even if the scale doesn't move you know that your losing that fat and gaining that muscle....Good luck and may you be blessed :flowerforyou:
    Julie
  • oldandbroke
    Options
    I just started using an Accumeasure FATTRACK II. Has any one else had experience with this? For those who don't; it is a digital skin fold caliper. It has a built in program for males and females that will tell you your % once you are done with the measurements. Mine came with a very easy to use measuring tape also. I guess that even if it is not accurate I can use the raw measurements to track progress. For now, I will have to keep pinching my own gigglies.