first day

Options
hi this is my first day on the diet any advice

Replies

• JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    grab friends, don't be afraid of carbs fat and calories ;)
  • jinad
    jinad Posts: 9
    Options
    what friends do you want me to grab i think they want me to be fat
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Don't take it too seriously.

Eat mostly healthy but leave room for some fun!
  • IdaMoreno38
    IdaMoreno38 Posts: 105
    Options
    First off, don't think of it as a "DIET"..
    Just choose the right foods, and portionize your meals. It'll fall off on it's own.
    Good luck Hun!
    Focused & Determined!
  • jinad
    jinad Posts: 9
    Options
    i wish i could just have fun and lose the weight doing it, but its going to be a killer
  • oliverstillman
    Options
    I'm so nervous!! Any advice?
  • tjhmoody
    tjhmoody Posts: 28
    Options
    Don't think of it as a "diet" .. think of it as a lifestyle change. Think positive and be positive. You CAN do it.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I mean off MFP...??? Make friends with people?
  • jordanlell
    jordanlell Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    READ LABELS AND MEASURE. Limiting yourself with portions and stuff comes pretty easy if you're aware if what you're eating. Think before you eat. Always log in your food. And eat things that will keep you full for a while, try to stay away from processed foods, you'll burn those up pretty quick and be hungry again.
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Don't think of it as being on a diet. I don't, just check out my diary if you don't believe me. I just track what I'm eating, try to eat a little healthier than I used to, and stay under the recommended calories/fat/carbs for each day. Exercise is crucial, you absolutely have to find something that you enjoy and do it every day.

You'll find plenty of friends on here that will offer encouragement and help you stay motivated. Check in every day, track what you eat and what you do. Check in with your friends and give them a few words of encouragement too. We are all in this together.
  • jaszie06
    jaszie06 Posts: 1
    Options
    hi im jaszie and this my first day to:smile:
  • Xanadar
    Xanadar Posts: 23
    Options
    I have been tracking all my meals, eating 2-3 hours apart, six times a day. I try to keep it under 300 calories each meal (breakfast, lunch, dinner), and around 170-250 calories for snacks. I find that microwave meals, like Healthy Choice and Lean Cuisine are easiest to track, asl the portioning is already done for me. I exercise each morning before breakfast for about 45 minutes to an hour. I started last week, and lost 9 pounds my first week.