2 Months in and goodness knows how many 'miles'

Options
I admit it, 'Im a lurker, well until now that it is.

Some of the achievements on here just blow me away, I am so impressed by people's resolve and will power to make a change in their lives. Im two months in after doing something I said I would never do, make New Years resolutions.
1. to shed 85 lbs and
2. to give up the smokes.
Im glad to say that after 2 months and so many dang miles on our elliptical (a Christmas gift to ourselves) and too many sessions with P90X; Im down 26 lbs and feeling fantastic. The love of my life is down 14 lbs too, she has so much less to lose than me :0)
Pangs for a cigarette, sure, but you just keep going right? Do some exercise, take the dogs out, something to get you past the pang. Just so long as its not food :0)
MFP is the best app I think I have ever downloaded to my phone ... awesome. Not so good this past weigh when it cut my target calories by 60 a day :0)
Just wanted to stop lurking and share my journey and add to the positive attitude this community shares.

Replies

• ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    wonderful! doesn't it feel good?? : )
  • tshaughnessy85
    tshaughnessy85 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic tdexter!

I can't even begin to tell you how much P90X helped me lose weight, well about 40 pounds in total! Just do what you can every day and you will keep feeling great and seeing the results! I love success stories like yours because you admit to the struggle, but realized that it's worth the hard work.

Great job and remember to BRING IT!

- Tim
  • chicnsweet83
    Options
    Wow! Congrats to the both of you...making a healthy lifestyle change is hard when it comes to ciggarettes but you're doing it! The best decision to make yet!
  • LG61820
    LG61820 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Congratulations both on your weight loss and on the smoking. I am here to lose the weight I have gained since I quit 2 years ago. I would think that doing both things at the same time would have a kind of synergy that would make each change better. I am finding that not smoking gets easier with time. You think about it a lot at the beginning, but less as time passes. Likely you will always think of it from time to time. I have co workers who quit over 20 years ago and they tell me they still think of it sometimes. What I finally realized after 20 years of smoking and several quit attempts was that not smoking wouldn't kill me AND that having "just one" cigarette today would lead to a pack tomorrow. Wishing you much success!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!