help me spend my money.

dawnna76
dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
edited September 24 in Health and Weight Loss
I just had a birthday :tongue: and got a wad of cash. I am a saver. My family has had it rought he last couple years with my husband being unemployed and me staying home with our to boys. Things are getting better but I am still in survival mode. I want to save every penny for something "we" need. This is my birthday money so I should not feel guilty for spending it on myself.

problem is I always get buyers remorse and I am afraid because of my tightwad tendancies this time it will be worse. Someonetell me 1) its okay to spend my birthday cash on me and 2) that the bodymedia (like a bodybugg) will not be a waste of money.

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    do it!!!!!!! your deserve it!
  • formytwins
    formytwins Posts: 106
    I have felt the same way before. I say as long as your kids are not doing without then spend it on you. I am not sure what the bodymedia is??
  • oxnina
    oxnina Posts: 203 Member
    Go buy yourself something nice :)
  • irunwithscissors
    irunwithscissors Posts: 89 Member
    Girl, that's your birthday money! Spend it on yourself! I know it's hard to do! Buy the Bodybug and save the rest! Or Spend the rest! You deserve it and it will help you on this journey! DO IT!
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Ohhh. I'm a saver too. I have a LOOOONG wishlist on Amazon.com because I'm always afraid to buy. If you are uncertain - hang on to it. You can always decide to spend it later. (Probably not the advice you wanted -but the thing I always do).

Or....

Save up for something even BIGGER and BETTER that you REALLY, REALLY want! :D
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    that is a gift that will keep on giving. I just got myself a Polar FT4 as my birthday present to me (seeing as I can't remember the last time I was actually given one from someone other than my mother) It's something that will keep me focused. It may seem a little selfish now, but think of how much more of yourself you will be able to give to others when you are healthy and happy!!

It's a small price to pay now for a multitude of rewards later.
    Go for it!! And every day you put it on, remind yourself that it's ok for YOU to LOVE YOU too!! :flowerforyou:
  • amielcampbell
    amielcampbell Posts: 36 Member
    GO for it! As mom's we sometimes forget to take care of ourselves too! But we need too and the more happier, relaxed, stress free, etc . the better mom's we can be! :):happy:
  • amielcampbell
    amielcampbell Posts: 36 Member
    What is a bodymedia?
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    You said that you got a wad of cash. Spend some of it on you & then find out what your family members want. As long as it is not A LOT of money, you should be able to share your birthday money with everyone in your family.
    That should take care of the buyer's remorse & make everyone happy at the same time.
  • grumpy2032
    grumpy2032 Posts: 92 Member
    I know where you are comming from. MY Husbond got layed off for 2 weeks 2 years ago . But this year I spent my B-Day money on me .My girls and I went on a shoppin day. I got everything on sale !! It was the best day in a very long time! Sometimes you just have to and your not taking away from the household funds. Its yours SPEND IT !!!!! and have fun doing it.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Remember, these days you can sell on almost anything, so the real cost is only the purchase price minus what you could sell it on eBay/Amazon for:happy:. Go for it!
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    it is absolutely okay to spend the money on yourself! i know nothing about the thing you're wanting to buy, but if it's what you want - go for it!!! happy birthday!
  • ggoree
    ggoree Posts: 8
    Oh go on and splunge a little you deserve it:bigsmile: Buy yourself something to wear to show off the new you:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.