Check Out This Really Great Site!

Options
Edwina
Edwina Posts: 12 Member
Hello to everyone, I am not new to this site, I just don't post, but I do love MFP, it's very helpful and has really helped me to watch what I'm eating and portion control. I'd like to lose 50 lbs, just cuz I want the freedom from fat!!
Okay, so I don't know if any of you ever used this site, www.thedailyplate.com, but it lists just about every restaurant and what they offer along with nutrition labels for all the meals. Check it out, it's very useful when you've gone out to dinner and have to account for what you've eaten, it will also give you options for healther choices at the same restaurant. Let me know what you think!
Good luck to everyone here with their weight loss, and I"ll try to start posting, some of you people crack me up, you're hilarious!! :laugh:

Replies

• Edwina
    Options
    Hello to everyone, I am not new to this site, I just don't post, but I do love MFP, it's very helpful and has really helped me to watch what I'm eating and portion control. I'd like to lose 50 lbs, just cuz I want the freedom from fat!!
    Okay, so I don't know if any of you ever used this site, www.thedailyplate.com, but it lists just about every restaurant and what they offer along with nutrition labels for all the meals. Check it out, it's very useful when you've gone out to dinner and have to account for what you've eaten, it will also give you options for healther choices at the same restaurant. Let me know what you think!
    Good luck to everyone here with their weight loss, and I"ll try to start posting, some of you people crack me up, you're hilarious!! :laugh:
  • Mattysmomma
    Mattysmomma Posts: 268
    Options
    Why are the calories so different??? It says i can have 2,200 this website says 1,200?? WTF? I AM SO CONFUSED, i am going to stick to this website, i am having results...
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eating out is a little tough for me when it comes to logging it in. Sometimes I don't even bother... Thanks for sharing and looking forward to seeing more posts from you. :flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I went to the site you mentioned, but didn't see where all the restaurants were listed. To me it looked alot like this site. And since THIS is the best site on the web, I just came right on back here!
  • Edwina
    Options
    In the SEARCH field, you type in the restaurant and their selections come up, I love this site too, and use this one exclusively, but when I do go out to dinner, the Daily Plate give me the info I need to post here.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Oh, I see how to get there!!

From the home site, click on the tab labeled "MyPlate Calorie Counter". After you click there, a search bar appears on the top of the page where you can type in the restaurant and food. For example, I typed in "Chili's Nachos" (because they are so good and SO unhealthy), and a couple results to choose from came up. (1500 calories, btw. Blech!)

THANKS!!! :flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Oh, thanks Lauryn! NOW I understand! That site might be really helpful!