just joined woohoo

Options
Hi everyone, I just joined this week. I'm excited and hoping to find others to help keep up the motivation.

Just like now, I need to get up and at least put in an half hour exercising tonight.

Replies

• Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great place to be! Good Luck on your journey - you won't regret it :flowerforyou:
  • Michelle_J
    Michelle_J Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your journey :flowerforyou:
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    When I first read the subject....I read it all wrong....lol...you meant woohoo..like a cheer....but for some reason I was like "what's woohoo?" Is it some new workout program or something....LOL....it's been a long day...welcome to the site....
  • peggie888
    Options
    I am new here too! i love it. Is it true that you should not go below 1200 calories per day?
    How many calories your body needs per day

This calculator gives an approximation. If your goal is to lose weight by burning off excess body fat, aim to eat 500 fewer calories per day than your daily caloric needs, and maintain or increase your exercise activity. Do not go below 1200 calories per day unless on a medically supervised weight loss program or after consultation with your doctor.

Female :smile:

Your height: 5 feet 4 inches

Your weight: pounds 162

Your age: years 52

Activity level: Lightly ActiveModerately

To maintain your current
    weight you'll need: calories per day
  • jwrudasill
    Options
    Lol...that's funny.

Thanks everyone, I'm hoping this will help keep me going. I'm just getting started and would like to lose around 50. It's a lot and I'm a little worried about making it but I'm going to give it my best :)
  • jwrudasill
    Options
    I don't think I would go below eating 1200 calories a day but your exercise could bring you below that. This is just my opinion though.