What's for lunch?

Options
I get afternoon-hungry. I can go all morning on a bowl of cereal and a bunch of fruit. Then I eat lunch at 12 and my tummy is growling by 3. I have a snack and I'm starving again mid-workout around 5:30/6:00. Any suggestions out there for a hearty, satisfying lunch and afternoon snack that will keep me going all afternoon without tons of calories?

Thanks!

Replies

• Shannmfp11
    Shannmfp11 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I have the exact same problem!! I don't have any great suggestions though. I have started to keep a small bag of carrots with me and munch on those as needed. Not my favorite thing, but they work. Sorry I am not much help :(
  • lilcrittert
    lilcrittert Posts: 105
    Options
    I like the mini Light Babybel cheese....50 calories.
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Here are my go to lunches:

1. Lettuce salad with diced tomatoes and 2 oz of grilled chicken, 100 calorie almond pack and fuji apple
    2. 2 oz of grilled chicken on lite wheat bread, serving of baby carrots and 100 calorie almond pack
    3. Peanut butter sandwich on lite wheat bread and 2 oz grilled chicken on salad with tomatoes

Each of these have 300 calories.

*I usually eat at 12:30 and have a 150-200 calorie snack at 3:00-4:00 pm consisting of an apple and almonds/low sodium tuna
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Make a lunch high in fiber and protein for sustained hunger control. I also need a snack around 2 for my work out at 4:30 then I have dinner at 6:30 and go bed (early) at 10.

My recent addiction of veggie burritos (pizzas? cuz I can't roll them) are very filling!
    8in whole wheat tortilla shell
    1/2 cup vegetarian refried beans
    1/4 cup frozen corn (thawed)
    2 tbsp shredded cheese
    microwave for 30 - 60 sec to melt cheese and warm
    top with 1/4 cup salsa
    keeps me feeling full