Kettleball workouts

Options
Anyone know of any good kettlebell routines? I have one that's 10lbs. but haven't used it yet! :smile:

Replies

• ican♥and♥iwill
    ican♥and♥iwill Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in the replies for this! I also have a 10 lbs kettle ball that I hardly use!
  • ashleynicoleb
    ashleynicoleb Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Oops....my topic title should say Kettlebell* not ball :noway:
  • jataijah
    jataijah Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    i went on youtube and searched until I found some workouts that I liked. Then I justed added them to my queue. Theres tons on there.
  • ashleynicoleb
    Options
    i went on youtube and searched until I found some workouts that I liked. Then I justed added them to my queue. Theres tons on there.

Good idea, thanks!
  • ShelleyBowman
    ShelleyBowman Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I personally don't buy into a lot of the Tim Ferris hype... (read reviews on his books on Amazon for more info)
    He does, however, have great exercises including kettlebell... check out this link...'
    http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/2011/01/08/kettlebell-swing/
  • msamberlicious
    msamberlicious Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I ve used them a few times in circuit training work outs. You can squat and grab it with both hands and do a dead lift for the lower body. For the upper body, you can put a rope through the loop at the top of the kettle bell, grab one end of the rope in each hand, and walk backwards to tighten up the slack on the rope. Then, move arms up and down to make waves with the rope. After 30 seconds, change your motion and make circles with your arms. I like the workout videos from this channel as well! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1xhfYxDsCc
  • spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels has a good one called Shred It.
  • clswinehart
    Options
    I just started one today with a 10 lb kettlebell. I found it on Yahoo, but the article is called "Burn 300 Calories in 15 Minutes". It is written by Lucy Danziger, the Editor-in-Chief of SELF magazine on Jan 11, 2011.

The exercises consist of:

OVERHEAD PRESS 5 reps each side

DECK SQUAT 10 reps

SWING-CATCH-SQUAT 10 reps

TACTICAL LUNGE 5 reps alternating each side

You are suppose to do 3 sets of the indicated reps 3 times a week on nonconsecutive days.

The article said you could go to SELF's kettlebell center for more moves and tips from the author. Sorry I don't have the web address or I would post it for you. Good luck!
  • Randee75
    Randee75 Posts: 234
    Options
    I just ordered the Kettle Worx program with the 10lb. kettlebell......can't wait to try it. I am curious to see some people's results with the Kettlebells .
  • cleo77
    cleo77 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    kathy smilth has a great kettleball dvd.
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGUtWTxYD-8&feature=related

This one's pretty tough, but seriously, just youtube kettlebells workouts. You could do a different one everyday if you wanted to!
  • egoplast
    egoplast Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Anyone know of any good kettlebell routines? I have one that's 10lbs. but haven't used it yet! :smile:

my wife used this book and loved it. Body Sculpting With Kettlebells for Women
    http://www.borders.com/online/store/TitleDetail?sku=1578263077
    It has different routines for different levels
  • ashleynicoleb
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone!
  • jewelzz
    jewelzz Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I WANT A KETTLEBELL :sad:
  • bluespring
    bluespring Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Yep.
    Got a set of 3 kbells...10, 15, 20 pounds...from Walmart online ...(cheaper that way)...and started with the 10 pounder.
    Got Jillian Michaels Shred It with Weights...$10 at Walmart too...
    Love it.
    She's a beast....and it's a great workout...
    First time I tried it...I was sore for days...
    :bigsmile:
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I have one I like that is a 6week program, it is geared as a beginner/intermediate dvd. I did it with a 25lb kettlebell and now I use a 35lb and its still good for me. It has an instructional dvd and then a dvd with 6 workouts on it.
    Its called MB45 from MBodystrength.com. I also do the 300 Kettlebell Challege by Steve Maxwell that I bought off Amazon, its real tough for me atm. Its one instructional Dvd and one with the workout, very challenging.