New workout routine

Options
How long did it take your body to start dropping the pounds from a new workout routine? I have been a Turbo Jammer for almost two years and began TurboFire two weeks ago. When I first started tracking with MFP (before beginning TurboFire), I dropped three pounds in about a week and then it halted. I did, however lose 8 percent body fat but seemed to have even gained a pound according to the scale. Luckily I havent gained any real weight assuming either my muscles were retaining water or even gained some muscle, but I was just curious how long it took for some folks' bodies to adjust to the new workout and begin dropping, before I decide that tweaking may be needed in my nutrition. I usually stay between 1200-1800 cal a day depending on how much I burn in working out.

Replies

• denitraross
    denitraross Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I changed my workout routine at the beginning of January and saw results pretty quick.....however; I also really started drinking my water and watching my salt like crazy - so I am not sure which it was - but I lost more in 2 months than the previous 4 months...I swear it's the salt!
  • donosteph
    Options
    When I switch my workout routine it usually takes 3-4 weeks to really see pounds drop off. For the first 2 weeks I usually just maintain the weight I'm at, which is I'm assuming fat being replaced by muscle. I do agree with Denitraross because salt does have a lot to do with retaining water..
  • Danilouise86
    Options
    Yeah it very well could be salt or water. Also, being that I so easily got addicted to TF, I havent actually taken a rest day yet. Maybe my muscles need a breather to "deflate" haha.
  • Danilouise86
    Options
    I am going to give it another two weeks to see what happens. I'm not gaining any significant amounts of weight by any means so thats good. I am just pretty much maintaining and I can see pretty significant definition so muscle is forming and body fat is visually decreasing. I should really watch my salt more so than I have been.