Hello :)

Options
I am kinda new here, so I figured I would introduce myself. ;)

I am a 20 years old girl living in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I am 5' 6'' and currently weigh 210 pounds. I don't really look too bad for my weight, but that's not an excuse for not getting a real plan. I have been overweight since I have been about 13 or 14, and went through so many diets that either never worked or I lost hope with and gave up. I suppose one of the reasons I never stuck to a plan is lack of support from others, and I questioned why I was even bothering sometimes. I had really given up on it until a couple weeks ago when I listened to a song on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKvUk7Vdzyk. I don't really know why, but it got me thinking. I looked in the mirror and really did not like what I saw. Now I want to loose weight so that I can fit into a cute Sailor Moon costume I want for Halloween. I refuse to buy a bigger size for the 'current' me. I either loose weight to fit into it, or not have it at all. I have become serious about weight loss again, and eventually found this great website to aid me in my goals, meal planning, and exercise program.
Now I brought a treadmill and jog about 3 mph for 45 mins a day. :)
I hope I did not bore you with my sob story. lol. Any advise would be very appreciated.

THANK YOU!

Replies

• Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    You have taken an important step toward your goal. Well done and welcome!
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You will love it here. Logging in your daily intake of food will keep you on track and you will appreciate the support from your friends on MFP. It's great that you are exercising. That was the hardest part for me. The eating right wasn't so bad but getting my butt out of bed 45 minutes earlier each day so I could get some exercise in was hard. A bit of advice that I learned here was to weigh yourself once each week, on the same day (I picked Mondays so I knew I had to be good over the weekend), first thing in the morning after using the restroom and wear the same thing. If you need some friends for support, feel free to add me. Good Luck!
  • Amazon_Warrior88
    Amazon_Warrior88 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP...I am still pretty new myself, but I love it. Everyone is so nice and supportive. This site is truly helpful and I believe it will one of the keys to my success this time :)
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Welcome. You have definitely come to the right place. No matter how different our stories may be, we are all in the same boat and moving towards the same goal. If it is support and guidance that you need...well, we do to and that's why we are here for you....good luck on your journey and stay motivated!:glasses: