just because I don't have a huge weight loss goal doesn't me

Options
SK24373
SK24373 Posts: 36 Member
.....or need support! I have been here on MFP for about a month a half. I have always tracked my food but never this diligently and I have found the discipline of doing it helpful. What I found surprisingly extremely helpful was the encouragement, inspiration, and motivation I have felt from sharing, and reading many of your stories.

If you look at me, you may think that I do not have a weight problem, but that is FAR from the truth. The truth is, that my struggle with food, eating, self esteem and staying healthy is a DAILY challenge.

I am going to be turning 42 in a couple of weeks and that alone is a challenge - lol. I am also an actress and and on camera for films and commercials, which means that you feel constant scrutiny about your body and weight.

Please don't get me wrong. I am grateful for what I have and what I am able to do in my life. I believe that if you want to be strong and healthy,. you have to work hard and commit every day.
I have been so incredible moved by some of your stories and it has helped me so much.

I think about food, eating, my choices and my weight all of the time. Sometimes I feel great about myself and I focus on how strong I am getting, and how much more fit I am today, than just 5 years ago. Then, at other times I just want to throw a big old pity party and eat my way into oblivion :)
But...having a support system and the encouragement of others who understand the struggle have helped me to stay strong.

So...a big THANKS to everyone on here for being so brave and for sharing your struggles as well as your triumphs.

All the best to each and every one of you.

Peace, Love and Fitness!

Sandy

Replies

• thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Well, we all need support in the things that we do! And I am, and I'm sure that the MFP community, is behind you 100% towards helping you work towards a healthy life and loving who you are all the time!
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this! You couldn't have said it better. Those of us with "smaller" goals often have the same amount of body image baggage that we carry with us. I too have found the support on here to be amazing. Feel free to add me! Good luck in meeting your goals. :)
  • LilOlMe69
    LilOlMe69 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Support is why I like to come here! Life is a struggle, we could all use the support of others! ! Keep up the great work!
  • laurabeth02
    Options
    Agreed! I have a smaller weight loss goal as well. Feel free to add me, we can support each other!
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Lexieberry
    Lexieberry Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Great introduction! I feel the same way. Just becaue I am not technically overweight i still feel the same way about my body, and how i can improve and get the body that I WANT! ;) good luck!
  • goohan
    goohan Posts: 155
    Options
    sending you support vibes ... :flowerforyou: