Nintendo DS My Weight Loss Coach

Options
So, we had a few threads out there about gamers on MFP and I was wondering if anyone has tried this new product. I have heard about the WiiFit but I don't have a Wii (yet although I know I will eventually...I love games too much not to). This is made for the DS which is the portable game system and has a build in pedometer that you can wear and download your progress onto your game system. It also does a lot of small "adventures" that are supposed to show how small changes can make a huge impact in the long run.

So, the question out there is, has anyone gotten this yet and if so, what do you think? It's about $40 (US) although developed in Canada. Just released a little over a week ago so maybe too soon to ask but I'm willing to try it. Just a broke student though so $40 is still a lot for me. :wink:

Replies

• neurogirl
    neurogirl Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    So, we had a few threads out there about gamers on MFP and I was wondering if anyone has tried this new product. I have heard about the WiiFit but I don't have a Wii (yet although I know I will eventually...I love games too much not to). This is made for the DS which is the portable game system and has a build in pedometer that you can wear and download your progress onto your game system. It also does a lot of small "adventures" that are supposed to show how small changes can make a huge impact in the long run.

So, the question out there is, has anyone gotten this yet and if so, what do you think? It's about $40 (US) although developed in Canada. Just released a little over a week ago so maybe too soon to ask but I'm willing to try it. Just a broke student though so $40 is still a lot for me. :wink:
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Sounds interesting, but I haven't seen it advertised anywhere. Just got a Wii Fit, which is great fun for the kids and me!
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry I haven't heard anything about it. I'm going to do some reasearch into this...it sounds interesting:bigsmile:
  • jamieerindesigns
    Options
    My Fiance actually works for Nintendo so I will ask him about it tonight and let you know all the juicy details :happy: the Wii is alot of fun, it is such a good workout, not only the WiiFit but all of the games, because you have to be active, its a good investement :happy:
  • nesbitt4
    nesbitt4 Posts: 9
    Options
    hello everyone, just want to say keep up the good work....we can do this! there is nothing wrong with being HEALTHY, feeling GREAT and looking DAM GOOD doing it.......lol....have a good one every body!
  • nesbitt4
    Options
    The wii is great! it is a must have and a great workout......had for 2 weeks and lost 4 pounds aready.
  • nesbitt4
    Options
    you look GREAT! keep up the good work.....nothing wrong with being HEALTHY, feeling GREAT and looking DAM GOOD doing it.
  • neurogirl
    Options
    I had actually looked into some reviews and such, and it seems interesting. It's a way to also see if I can get my boyfriend into working out more. I told him about this site (at this moment he is entering food from the last few days since he's not an avid MFPer yet), and he seems very excited about this Weight Loss Coach. Trying to also see about getting a Wii Fit but he likes the "adventure" aspect of the DS game and that it compares your accomplishments to real life things such as scaling Mt. Everest when climbing stairs (supposedly it will tell you how far you have gone up Mt. Everest or when you reach a similar goal). Anyways, just another fun thing to add to the adventures of fitness and weight loss.
  • nesbitt4
    Options
    you look GREAT! keep up the good work.....nothing wrong with being HEALTHY, feeling GREAT and looking DAM GOOD doing it.
  • nesbitt4
    Options
    DONT GIVE UP, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK....IT'S A LOT OF WORK BUT ITS WORTH IT.
  • nesbitt4
    Options
    :happy: DONT GIVE UP, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK....IT'S A LOT OF WORK BUT ITS WORTH IT.
  • nesbitt4
    Options
    :happy: DONT GIVE UP, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK....IT'S A LOT OF WORK BUT ITS WORTH IT.
  • rosabella
    rosabella Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I don't know about Wii Fit, but I have a friend who has lost a bunch of weight playing wii DDR, if that interests you. :smile:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    What is the game name for the DS?
    I think I might need to look into it for the weekends!
  • neurogirl
    Options
    What is the game name for the DS?
    I think I might need to look into it for the weekends!

It's actually called My Weight Loss Coach

I'm thinking I need it for a little extra umph on the days I can't make it to the gym
  • sewtoday123
    Options
    I was just looking this very thing up. I have the Wii Sports, and I looked into the WiiFit because I want to do the Yoga, and exercising. That looks interesting. I currently play the tennis, but my kids play all the other sports: boxing, bowling, tennis and there is another one, but I can't think of it.
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    It's really fun to play the sports......I picked up the Wiimote after about a month break of it ( niece kept hogging it:angry: )and boy do my arms hurt!! But soo fun:heart:
  • sewtoday123
    Options
    My daughter and I just enjoy playing tennis! Today, after work I am going to buy another remote so 2 of us can play. When I get paid in a few weeks I plan on buying the Yoga part. I think this has been one of my best purchases. I do work up a sweat whenever I play tennis. I agree with what some said - I use it to help me whenever I can't make it to the gym.
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I saw the My Weight Loss coach at Walmart here in Ottawa Canada. It looks pretty good. Am interested to hear what other people have to say about it.
    I don't know how useful it would be for me since I jounal everything here on MFP so for me it would be redundant. Maybe another way to spend $$.

Kkmama