My Introduction

Options
Hi my name is Nancy and I am currently doing P90X. Being 55 and having gone through menapause, I gained about 10 pounds. I weigh 152 and would like to be about 129, about a size 4 to 6. I dieted before about 10 years ago; but lost muscle tone and too much weight. I am open to suggestions on how to stick with the program and follow a healthy fitness and meal program.

Replies

• fitoverfifty
    fitoverfifty Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I think logging your food will help you understand how many calories you really need.

I also gained weight going through menopause, I thought I wasn't eating that much, so I was very irritated.

Now I realise I only need about 1200-1500 calories a day, and it's very easy to go over that!

I just lost 22 pounds ( I started at 158) and I think I will be able to maintain, as long as I keep logging.

I've also decided that...if I can only eat so little, I want good quality food. So I've gone to eating mostly organic, and cut out the sugars, artificial sweeteners ( including my beloved gum) and pretty much all prepared foods loaded with hydrogenated oils and high fructose corn syrup.

O well....I should stop, once I start writing I tend to write entire books.

Good luck!
  • allamas
    allamas Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Nancy! My name is Amy, I am 29 years old...also new here and just started P90X! Just got done with Yoga...hopefully it will go better next time...lol. I recently had surgery, so I've been out of commission for 6 weeks. I haven't gone through menopause but did get married and gained an extra 20 lbs. I have lost 5 lbs so far and what I've done is not so much "diet" or count calories, but I eat a lot of fiber filled foods, eat a ton of veggies and fruits and I have recently starting drinking protein shakes. I don't know if any of this will help you, but ya never know! Oh, and I am a regular night owl...so I've been forcing myself to lay down...this means no snacks and more rest! Good luck with everything and if you need a partner...I'm always available!
    -Amy L.