Bring lunch with you March challenge

Options
Inspired directly by the no fast food challenge, I hereby announce the don't eat out - bring your lunch from home March challenge.
Any takers?

Replies

• RHOyalT
    RHOyalT Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • TORNATO1
    TORNATO1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I do it every day and it works, and saves a ton of money. Count me in!
  • twinwolf
    twinwolf Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I've been eating Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers for lunch every day. Once a week I go stock up and leave them in the freezer at work so I'm not tempted to eat out of the machines or go get some drive thru fast food.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I'm in.... but need a clarification: is this for the work week only, or does it include weekends? (I always bring a lunch to work. I'm planning a weekend trip in March, however, and want to know how intensive my planning needs to be!)
  • traceybett
    traceybett Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    count me in.... I am saving Lean Cuisine codes for a new lunch bag :)
  • HungryTuna
    HungryTuna Posts: 141
    Options
    I think it's great you're taking on this challenge! After a while, you won't even miss fast food! The only fast food I give into involves sandwich places like Subway or Penn Station. Being a vegetarian has helped me eliminate 90% of fast food joints altogether!

So about packing lunch, I've been doing this for years since I can't afford to eat out often due to gas costs and other factors. I pack leftovers from dinner the night before, sometimes working them into a new meal for lunch the next day and add a snack or two - nuts, fruit or veggies. If I don't have leftovers, I make a Tofurkey sandwich or have canned soup as a last resort. Not bad!

Count me in too!
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I bring my food every day as well, and I've always found it surprising that so few of my co-workers over the years have brought lunch from home.
  • prot11
    prot11 Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm in.... but need a clarification: is this for the work week only, or does it include weekends? (I always bring a lunch to work. I'm planning a weekend trip in March, however, and want to know how intensive my planning needs to be!)

Very intensive! No eating out for lunch. (<-that's a period)
  • prot11
    Options
    I bring my food every day as well, and I've always found it surprising that so few of my co-workers over the years have brought lunch from home.

I didn't hear an explicit "I'm in".
  • prot11
    Options
    One week down the road. I hope everyone is holding up.