18 and trying to lose weight?

Options
Hi, I'm new here. I literally just made an account ten minutes ago, but I've been losing weight for about 3 weeks now and I've lost about 10 pounds. I truly hope there are some people my age around here, or anyone really, to help motivate me. I want to look great for summer and college :)

Replies

• wildmamatiger
    wildmamatiger Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm a litle old....25 years 2 days, but I will be happy to provide any support/encouragement I can. Welcome!
  • jessimacar
    jessimacar Posts: 291
    Options
    I'm 22 if that's close enough. :) Welcome to the site, it's fantastic as long as you're honest with yourself. It's only unsuccessful when you cheat, or so I've seen.

You'll do great, there are a lot of amazing people here to motivate you! Add me if you need a friend! :)
  • KateGreat
    Options
    I'm not 18, I'm 30 (ACK!!!), but I have dealt with the Battle of the Bulge for most of my life. You are welcome to add me as a friend, if you'd like. I find the best motivation is a good support group, and others (especially those who are in the struggle, too) help keep you on track. Best of luck in your journey!
  • alexis92
    alexis92 Posts: 64
    Options
    i turned 19 yesterday and i'm a college freshman. feel free to add me!
  • carrieloveshk
    carrieloveshk Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm 20. Feel free to add me as a friend. Congrats on the 10lbs weight loss! Keep up the good work!
  • vgall
    vgall Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 25, but I agree with what everyone has posted. You have to log everything you eat on here and that helps you to lose. Also having friends that are trying to eat better helps a lot. I started a competition and that has helped me to stick with it. Good luck!! You can do it!!
  • NathanBurton
    Options
    Im 21, college student. You can add me as a friend if you like. More young people need to start caring about their health! At least were trying.
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    i am sooooooo not even close to being 18.....I am turning 37 in April LOL. Feel free to add me for support tho. I think it's great that ur doing this at this age. I wish I would have started at an earlier age. Once u get past a certain age (usually in ur 30's) ur metabolism slows down quite a bit and it is very difficult to lose the weight, which is what I'm having to deal with right now. Together we can do this. Always remember to drink ur water and when u have a craving, drink more water. it has helped me quite a bit!
  • KellieR56
    KellieR56 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm 19!
  • Kristina0202
    Kristina0202 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm 19 :D
  • tamanella
    tamanella Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! My daughter just joined recently and is looking for people her own age, she's 19 but will be 20 in a couple weeks. Feel free to add her if you'd like: guitargirl2011
    Feel free to add me too if you'd like. Congratulations on your new journey to better health! :smile:
  • brittanyscherich
    brittanyscherich Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I'm 20 :) I've lost 10lbs so far. Enrolling in college in the fall. Feel free to add me!