Options

Replies

• DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Rudy
    Armageddon
    My Life
    Toystory 3 (because my daughter just left for college recently and I felt all those emotions)
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options

Good Will Hunting

Great movie but what about it makes you cry?

Because at the end he finally gets his life together and realizes his talents. He accepts that his abusive childhood isn't his fault. He has a major breakthrough in his therapy and a new respect for his doctor. And he goes to find the woman he loves.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Terms of Endearment
    Philadelphia

My brother died of AIDS just before seeing Philadelphia. Lost a third of his body weight in the last month. Can't watch Philadelphia without thinking of him.
  • lucysmommy
    lucysmommy Posts: 460
    Options
    beaches
    x
  • Tiff_09
    Tiff_09 Posts: 5,627 Member
    Options
    Sweet November
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Hope Floats in a happy way because she finally found true love.
    Toy Story 3 because my son is growing up so fast
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    "The Notebook" and "A walk to remember"
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Bridge to Terabithia & Where the Red Fern Grows :cry: :cry: :cry:
    I seriuosly can't watch (or read) either of these without crying bucket loads of tears!!!
  • bryans21
    bryans21 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Radio Flyer and the Green Mile are two that I can think of right I know that there r others
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    :hands of man card once again:

Where the red Fern Grows...movie and book

Pretty sure you get to keep your man card. I believe every man I have ever met cries at this movie and Old Yeller. Those are man approved tear shedders.

So I guess my man card isnt safe.

Like I said, P.S. I Love You ... ruins me but so does the notebook. *hands in his man card*

Band of Brothers makes me teary eyed too. Can I have my man card back?
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Mrs_McFadden Posts: 1,139
    Options
    *wishes she bought stock for the company that publishes Nick Spark books*
  • mkskippy24
    Options
    Philadelphia - esp since it's based on a true story.
    Fried Green Tomatoes - can't get through the end of this movie without a BOX of tissues!
    Milk - another tradgic true story that involves the cruel nature of going against what some people see as normal and acceptable.
    Sweet November - From moment you find out she has cancer and you know where the movie is going..... I tear up and start bawling when she actually leaves him!
    My Sister's Keeper - It's a story you can see through from the begining, but even though you want the ending the movie provides, you can't get through it without a dry eye.
    The Green Mile - movie did make me cry and the end, the book however is to this date the only book I could barely read the end of because I couldn't see through my tears.....
    Steel Magnolias - since seeing it the first time, it gets me from when Shelby collapses because I know what's coming. The funeral scene gets me the hardest!
    The Black Swan - yep. Dunno why, but watching the final scene, understanding the dark and mentally disturbed journey this dancer went through, seeing the final performance.... totally teared up.
    21 Grams - man, this whole movie just has your heart aching. What a great sad movie.
    Mystic River - There are SO many moments in this movie that I just lose it, but esp the scene with Sean Penn and Tim Robbins.

Many of the movies other's mentioned here as well... and I'm sure there's some I missed :)
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I cry at everything but I have never bawled so hard in a movie theatre as when I saw Pursuit Of Happyness. I had just become a a single mother and it just killed me. :sad:

A sidenote-Anything by Nicholas Sparks makes me want to vomit, not cry.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I think I've cried at almost every Pixar movie except for Cars and The Incredibles. Up and Finding Nemo within the first ten minutes, Monsters, Inc., Wall-E, and Toy Story 3 at the end. I can't remember my emotional state for any other the others...but chances are good that it was Niagara Falls, Frankie Angel.

FOR REAL! like every single damn one! especially meet the robinsons at the end (tho they are happy tears)!

Also, like every sappy movie whether happy or sad tears.

The Other Sister. one of my fav movies!

Oh, and I cry at every Will Ferrell movie from laughing til i can't breathe!
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I'm a sap..(I get teary-eyed when someone sings the Star Spangled Banner and on the iPhone commerical where the Grandpa meets his grandbaby for the first time via videophone)

Pursuit of Happyness
    Forrest Gump
    Shawshank Redemption
    Titanic (dont judge me..LOL)
    For Colored Girls
    Precious
    Charlie St. Cloud
    The Green Mile
    The Color Purple

just to name a few...oh, and I can cry just THINKING about the movie Beaches..My Dad used to sing the "Wind Beneath My Wings" song to me when I was younger.

Oh yeah...I forgot Armegeddon.
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    7 pounds :cry:
  • Kristen81
    Kristen81 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Terms of Endearment
    The Notebook
    Green Street Hooligans
    City of God

And almost any movie where people show bravery and determination. Oh yeah, and commercials! I almost cried watching a JIF Peanut butter commercial. Haha.