Hey look at that fat girl running...

Options
2»

Replies

• lauraashley09
    lauraashley09 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I had no idea people were such idiots....okay I do know, but it just amazes me every time I hear a story like this.
    How could anyone in their right mind think it would be okay to say something like that? I hate people!!
  • Stacebob85
    Options
    Wow that is terrible. I bet you looked absolutely wonderful... how terrible for a grown man to say that. And it probably ruined the interview for you too ... I hope you have moved past ... and have a great life to show for it, right?

Yeah, the interview was pretty difficult after that, but I got a better job shortly afterwards so I guess his ignorance helped me out a bit!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I can't stand rude and obnoxious people!!! I don't know if I would have been able to not say something back to each and every one of them...
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    You just keep after it sweetie. Before long they'll be saying, "Look at that hot girl running!" :)
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Get a T-Shirt printed and on the back, in big bold letters have:

"my mascara runs faster than you"

or

"you just got passed...don't feel bad"

or

I'm in the lead...get used to this view"

If they can see your back it means one thing and one thing only: you've outrun them.
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    Your blog is awesome. You should definately write a book.

Rude people are everywhere, in all walks of life and income brackets. Who among us is perfect in this world?

Be proud of yourself. You kicked azz!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Great blog Emma, and I fully sympathise, I've heard it all before! But for every insult or leer from a white-van-man, there's shouts of encouragement, nods from fellow "athletes" and older people saying, "I wish I could do that."

As they say "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but deliberately driving through a puddle to soak me really p***es me off!"
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Get a T-Shirt printed and on the back, in big bold letters have:

"my mascara runs faster than you"

or

"you just got passed...don't feel bad"

or

I'm in the lead...get used to this view"

If they can see your back it means one thing and one thing only: you've outrun them.

I love it ... unfortunately im pretty slow.
    I do have a T shirt that says "if you can read this Im not last" haha
    And I have another one that says "I may not pass you but I can outlast you" Thats MY favorite!

I wish I could put a sign on me while running that says how many miles Im running... these lil bunnies come out and run fast for like 15 minutes... while I am working on my 6th mile... GRR!

Willpower: Funny you should mention writing a book, I have been told that before... :)