New to myfitnesspal

Options
:flowerforyou: HI my name is Lori and I am new to myfitnesspal. I am a stay at home mom of 3 and we live in Illinois! We are trying for just one more. Lol I have been trying for a long time to lose weight and I am hoping that I will be more successful with the support of this site. I was thrilled to find the calorie counter !

Replies

• Lorivan
    Options
    :flowerforyou: HI my name is Lori and I am new to myfitnesspal. I am a stay at home mom of 3 and we live in Illinois! We are trying for just one more. Lol I have been trying for a long time to lose weight and I am hoping that I will be more successful with the support of this site. I was thrilled to find the calorie counter !
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Welcome Lori. We are glad you have joined us. Enjoy everythin that is available here.

Eve:flowerforyou:
  • Lorivan
    Options
    :smile: Thank you Eve! I am reading other posts and am starting to not feel so alone !
  • Eve23
    Options
    You are certainly not alone. I am a mother of 3 and work part time. My day is spent with kids wherever I am and there are always treats available. But my true weakness is not at work it is at home.:frown:

Eve
  • Lorivan
    Options
    :noway: My calorie count is more then I would like. No one ever tells you that if you go by serving size it is really too much ! That is what I tried today ~ to measure most things out . It really did open up my eyes to so many things ! I used to have a harder time at home until I just stopped buying the stuff.
  • redalee
    redalee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Hi Lori. Welcome! And best of luck to you!:smile:
  • Eve23
    Options
    Well I don't buy alot of things. My problem is even though I don't buy those things it is the regular food I want once I get home. Sometimes not but other time I do. For awhile I wasn't craving any of those things then I began again and it has been rough. But I work on it day by day. I also do my best at getting plenty of exercise mostly walking.

Enjoy.

Eve
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Your are not alone. There are thousands of people here for you. Good luck:flowerforyou:
  • e5d5r5
    e5d5r5 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

I'm new today. I am a graduate student who sits araound all day writing my dissertation or grading papers. I feel like I have no time to do anything. I used to go walking/jogging but it turned cold out and it didn't seen to be working anyway. I'm glad to have you all and hope that I can stick with whatever plan of weightloss I take.
  • redalee
    redalee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

I'm new today. I am a graduate student who sits around all day writing my dissertation or grading papers. I feel like I have no time to do anything. I used to go walking/jogging but it turned cold out and it didn't seen to be working anyway. I'm glad to have you all and hope that I can stick with whatever plan of weight loss I take.

Hi EDR EDucated Resourcefulness:
    Just remember to enter your calories and exercise on this site, and you'll do great! Good luck!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

I'm new today. I am a graduate student who sits araound all day writing my dissertation or grading papers. I feel like I have no time to do anything. I used to go walking/jogging but it turned cold out and it didn't seen to be working anyway. I'm glad to have you all and hope that I can stick with whatever plan of weightloss I take.

I notice that many people at the gym read or work on some papers while on the machines. Just a thought.