BodyMedia Fit and Display Help!!!

Options
OK so I just got my BodyMedia Fit HRM today and have trying for a couple hours to sync it to the display that I bought and it is not working at all! Has anybody had issues with syncing theirs for the first time and figured out how to do it???

Replies

• Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Have you registered it online and got that all setup? If not, I don't think it will let you sync with the display.

If your online account is setup and you've activated/registered (whatever it's called) your device, and the device is fully charged, then I don't know what else may be causing the problem.
  • melissatacker
    melissatacker Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I registered it and waited three hours for it to fully charge and I have followed the instructions for syncing them but the display keeps telling me that the armband is not found.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options
    Yeah, I registered it and waited three hours for it to fully charge and I have followed the instructions for syncing them but the display keeps telling me that the armband is not found.

This may be a dumb question, but sometimes people miss key parts of the instructions... lol... but you're wearing the device, right? And if you press the button on the armband, it makes the "doo-doo-doo" sound (three beeps)? (That will indicate that the armband is on properly and working.)

I find that sometimes I have to play with mine a little - I'll press the two buttons on the watch (mode & view - at the same time) then will press the button on my armband... then wait a few seconds and press the two buttons on my watch again if it doesn't sync... then press the button on the armband again... and so on. Usually it syncs pretty quickly but sometimes it is stubborn.
  • melissatacker
    melissatacker Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    lol yeah I am wearing it and the green lights come on after it beeps three times, I even tried putting it in discovery mode like you do for syncing it with a phone...nothing worked! This is so frustrating because I really hate returning purchases especially ones made online :)
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options
    I've heard the Bluetooth versions are kind of buggy... I have the older model that you upload to your computer with a cable. I highly recommend you contact their customer service (you can do so through a form on their website). I've done that a few times and they've always been pretty helpful and respond pretty quickly (within one to two business days, I think - though I think they always contacted me within one. One time was when my device wasn't working properly (the uploading quit working) and they replaced the device without a problem.

Good luck! Hope it works out - I LOVE mine...
  • christic2001
    christic2001 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just got mine too (5/8/12). And I am having the same problem!!!!! Did u ever resolve the issue?
  • NancyPower
    NancyPower Posts: 2
    Options
    I was having the same problem, but then I did two things: I pressed the button on the armband before I turned on the display. Then I held the mode and view buttons on the display even after it displayed "Hello". It went right to "Welcome Nancy". I hope that this helps! :)