need help figuring this out

Options
so for like the past week i been really good to eat as much healthier foods as possible...mix in a lot of fresh veggies and fruit...drinking tons of water...drinking no soda and anything that has high quantities of sugar....etc. well as i go on each day ive noticed that some days im going a lil over in protein, sugar and sodium...sometimes -6...-20....or like sodium for today was -100 something...so my question is...should i really stress over it ?

i guess i just need so clarification...

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Great job so far! For those amounts, no reason to stress whatsoever. Sodium and refined sugars are two things to keep an eye on and minimize as much as possible, but you don't have to be stressed over it. If you're using the default settings then the protein it allots for you is on the pretty low side. Many people jack their protein up to 35% or 40%.

If you're relatively new to changing your eating habits then focus on keeping the calorie counts in the right ballpark. As time goes on, you can fine tune other variables.
  • ms_erica
    ms_erica Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    thank u for explaining it to me...helps a lot:bigsmile:
  • justintime83
    Options
    well that depends do you really wanna see results? Half *kitten* diet=whole *kitten*....:noway:
  • Levedi
    Levedi Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Yup, Taso is right. If you concentrate on the calorie count and make sure you get enough veggies the rest of it will balance out fairly well. The variation in the other numbers isn't something to worry about unless your doctor tells you to watch certain things because of your specific health needs.
  • ms_erica
    Options
    Yup, Taso is right. If you concentrate on the calorie count and make sure you get enough veggies the rest of it will balance out fairly well. The variation in the other numbers isn't something to worry about unless your doctor tells you to watch certain things because of your specific health needs.

gotcha! I been making extra effort to eat as many pure foods as possible...so i think that is why i was confused about the whole going on part....thank u!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about your protein. I get close to twice my recommended protein most days. Protein is necessary for muscle growth and repair and helps keep you full. Also, it's the type of food that isn't stored as fat.

Keep your sodium as low as possible. It makes you retain water and too much is bad for your heart and blood pressure. The new FDA guidelines for sodium is 1500mg per day. Eat as little processed food as possible and you'll keep your sodium low.

Watch your sugar, but only worry about refined sugar. If you're going over your sugar but it's all natural sugar (from milk, fruit, vegetables) don't worry about it. If it's refined sugar from processed foods you need to keep it under your limit.
  • colleendelgado
    Options
    Im new here and no pro...but I know for myself (and no Im not an Atkins junky lol) but I really watch the carbs & fruit intake when Im focused on weight loss...and take it easy on the nuts too. Good luck!

IM NOT ON A DIET! I CHANGED THE WAY I EAT ; - }
  • gjspiller
    gjspiller Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    i agree with mostly what everyone has said here. also, if you're plateauing, you need to increase the intensity of your workouts because your body probably has adjusted to the workouts that you have been doing. change it up and do something different. step up the intensity. hope that helps,too. :)

you're doing great so far!!
  • ms_erica
    Options
    Don't worry about your protein. I get close to twice my recommended protein most days. Protein is necessary for muscle growth and repair and helps keep you full. Also, it's the type of food that isn't stored as fat.

Keep your sodium as low as possible. It makes you retain water and too much is bad for your heart and blood pressure. The new FDA guidelines for sodium is 1500mg per day. Eat as little processed food as possible and you'll keep your sodium low.

Watch your sugar, but only worry about refined sugar. If you're going over your sugar but it's all natural sugar (from milk, fruit, vegetables) don't worry about it. If it's refined sugar from processed foods you need to keep it under your limit.

Omg..this makes complete sense to me!! Thanks so much!
  • ms_erica
    Options
    i agree with mostly what everyone has said here. also, if you're plateauing, you need to increase the intensity of your workouts because your body probably has adjusted to the workouts that you have been doing. change it up and do something different. step up the intensity. hope that helps,too. :)

you're doing great so far!!
    [/quote

Thanks! and im almost ready to move up on my intensity...im due for it on staurday...L2 of 30DS :happy: