I wonder how much I weigh?

Options
I'm always 4lbs lighter on the wii fit, than on my bathroom scale. I always do MFP measurements on the bathroom scale, because I first weighed in on that scale, it's been consistent. The wii fit has been consistent with the fluctuations in weight, just 4lbs lighter all around. I wonder how much I weigh? Is a wii fit board more reliable than the bathroom scale?

How could I check to see which one is correct? Any ideas?

Replies

• AdrianCountsToo
    Options
    The kind of scale that they have at your local school, gym, or clinic would probably read extremely accurate.
  • MysticMaiden22
    MysticMaiden22 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    What kind of bathroom scale do you have? Is it digital or analog?

I tend to notice that a doctor's scale (or the kind you see at the gym) are the best at determining weight. A scale of medical quality usually gets it right.
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I would think the bathroom scale would be more reliable but I don't know
  • amberjwl318
    Options
    The Wii Fit always weighed me less as well..try the gym or doctor scale
  • amberlineilene
    Options
    The bathroom scale is a digital read, 'biggest loser' edition scale, relatively new.
  • mamawildbear
    mamawildbear Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I don't think it really matters which one is correct. As long as you're seeing a consistent trend such as weight slowly dropping on both or weight staying the same if you are maintaining your weight, the actual number doesn't matter, especially since we're only talking about a 4lb range. Just use the same scale every time you post your MFP results.

That said, I would tend to believe your digital bathroom scale over the Wii. The former is a precision instrument designed for one purpose, the Wii is not.
  • jasonwhitham
    Options
    I have the same problem with my Wii. It is very unreliable. I to am not sure of how much I actually weigh...!
  • CalorieNinja
    CalorieNinja Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I take a gallon of water and weigh it, it should be 8.35 lbs (I have the biggest loser scale and mine is accurate)
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    I take a gallon of water and weigh it, it should be 8.35 lbs (I have the biggest loser scale and mine is accurate)
    Exactly what I was going to say....get something that you know the exact weight of and use that as a way to do your own calibration check on the bathroom scales and the Wii Fit.